Join for free
Page 24 of 72 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 08:57 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Hi everyone it's nice to see everyone chatting still on our Yorkie Forum

We've had two good weekends staying at Hornsea and visiting Brid and Withernsea.. We've been doing a little bit of Beachcombing for sea glass, shells and fossils, it's becoming a hobby of ours, i sold some of the sea glass on ebay, seemingly they make Jewellery from it?
I've lived here on the coast for over 40 years Sue and never heard of sea glass. Next time I'm on the beach I'll be looking out for little coloured glass pebbles!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 08:59 PM

Now if there was an over 50's idiot club I hope to become chairman
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Bit cold for beach combing today Sue, hail stones like marbles here have a good day Yorkies.
There's been a really cold wind here today summer, we went to Driffield and passed through a bit of sleet on the way. Lovely and sunny in Driffield but still cold!
Val J
East Yorkshire

21-03-2017, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Our paths must have crossed last weekend Sue, we were in Hornsea at the same time, didn't stay long though. Had lunch at the Hornsea Garden Centre and we were going to have a walk along the front, but the inclement weather chased us away.....Mrs Fox is only a 'Fair Weather Walker' ....

The best place we have found for beachcombing is Spurn Head but I'm not sure how accessible it is now after some of the road washed away. There is a small car park with toilets just before you take the road to the coastguard station at the end. We usually park there and walk to the end where there used to be a cafe' supplying very acceptable sausage sandwiches and mugs of Yorkshire tea, but I've not seen it there recently. You can walk all the way back on the beach, with all the interesting finds, it takes a lot longer coming back.

Just a point though, It's a bird sanctuary and they won't allow dogs past the little hut where a bloke sits all day checking cars.....Hope he's got his thermals on in this weather.....
Not been to Spurn Point for years, it's on my to do list, better get a wiggle on while it's still accessible and while the cafes still there!
Val J
East Yorkshire

21-03-2017, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Should start selling car stickers and badgers or perhaps scarfs.
I am sure their are some knitters on the forum that may volunteer.
Could make a couple of bob for the forum or other stuff that can be done.
We could all wear Leeds United scarves!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I don't think them living on t'other side of Pennines will go much on that Val.....

I'm planning a visit to Spurn on Friday......Mr Hudson said it's going to be nice weather.....
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:33 PM

I've lived here on the coast for over 40 years Sue and never heard of sea glass. Next time I'm on the beach I'll be looking out for little coloured glass pebbles!
I collected quite a lot off the Pendine beach in Pembrokeshire,

mainly green and some white .Once you start its hard not to look .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 09:45 PM

I'm told it's just ordinary glass from various sources that has been ground smooth by the action of the tides against pebbles.

Consequently, the 'sea glass' my wife found at Seaham (Co. Durham) is likely to consist of different colours from that found elsewhere.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 10:18 PM

Oh no no no being a Boro supporter that would be sacrilege Val

When we were kids we would look for black jet on Whitby beachs all the jewlery shops used to have plenty in their windows for sale.
But that were years ago.
Val J
East Yorkshire

22-03-2017, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't think them living on t'other side of Pennines will go much on that Val.....

I'm planning a visit to Spurn on Friday......Mr Hudson said it's going to be nice weather.....
Yeah but if I were to knit everybody one, surely they'd wear them, wouldn't they!

Page 24 of 72 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top