Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 02:14 PM

Re: Tummy Bloating

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Would the Health Salts make me go to the toilet though, as I have the runs all the time at least six times a day, so I don't want more of that.
Yes they likely would. They help your . . . stools . . . (if you have them!) move through.

Your gut flora must be in a right old state if you have runs 6 times a day ! That's clearly not good and I guess will mean you are quite dehydrated.

If you are NOT on statins and are able to eat grapefruits then some Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) may well help you a lot. I always have a bottle in the cupboard and never leave home without it when travelling. It kills bacteria and virus and will sort out anything "tummy bug" related extremely quickly.

Read this:

https://growyouthful.com/comment-ail...3&remedyNo=144

and the comments in here:

https://healthunlocked.com/theibsnet...diverticulitis

"When I first started using grapefruit seed extract back in January, it was after a bad attack of diverticulitis - 2 lots of antibiotics - it never completely went away and I started to get bad pains again and I did feel I had a temperature, too, which isn't always the case. I'd bought the grapefruit seed extract some weeks before and decided to give it a try before going back to the doctor. Much to my amazement, I actually felt the pain almost disappear a couple of hours later and my temperature dropped. Within days, that lingering attack completely went away and since then, I've been using 10 drops a day as a maintenance dose, as someone advised on a forum I went on. This person said she upped the dose if she felt an attack coming on (as I have done, over this last 13 days or so) and she no longer needed antibiotics."

Buy it here:

http://citrosept.co.uk/products/#126

I personally stay off antibiotics unless absolutely necessary (i.e. very severe infection) as they destroy your gut flora leaving you to build it all up again.

GSE is a powerful natural antibiotic in its own right but regardless its ability to resolve gastro related issues is pretty unbeatable.

Again, make sure you are able to eat grapefruits and have no medications that contraindicate with grapefruit/citrus.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 02:43 PM

Just looked it up Realist, its really expensive, I can't afford these things, and would it be alright with Diabetes?

I don't like Grapefruit as it is.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 03:17 PM

Just looked it up Realist, its really expensive
It's £15 ?!

You pay over £1 for your Tesco Super Seeded Loaf.

A bottle of GSE will last ages. I've had mine 3-4 years.
So that's about £4 per year for the privilege of having the most massively useful natural medicinal product I know of which will keep you free from Norovirus, gastrointestinal tummy bugs, cold/flu viruses, skin irritations, athlete's foot, cystitis and a whole raft of other conditions I can't remember.

and would it be alright with Diabetes?
You could have Googled this yourself.

Yes I believe it is fine and will help manage blood sugar levels.

Read this:

https://diabetesmealplans.com/11044/...ruit-diabetes/

"Grapefruit seed extract has been found to lower blood glucose, lipids, and cardiovascular disease risk in normal animal subjects.

Further studies must be done, but overall the evidence suggests that grapefruit and grapefruit seed extract could be useful for those with type 2 diabetes."

I can also tell you that Grapefruit Seed Extract will clear up diarrhea extremely quickly.

If you really can't afford 15 quid then PM me your address and I'll buy some for you and have it delivered straight to your door.

I don't like Grapefruit as it is.
Sigh !

If my car could talk and told me it really fancied a fill up with milk today rather than petrol do you think I should give it milk?!

Comes a point where we have to understand what our bodies are and what they need. Our personal likes/dislikes are nothing to do with that and in the main are just psychological issues from childhood which we carry with us into adulthood.

Regardless, this GSE is liquid and you take only a few drops at a time. You start with 2-3 drops and work up although I rarely have more than 3 drops myself.

You can put the drops in a cup of tea of coffee or in orange juice or anything else. You'll hardly taste 2-3 drops.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 03:51 PM

Susie, it doesn't have to be expensive...https://www.essentialslondon.com/pro...hoCNNkQAvD_BwE

I put 8-10 drops in a glass of water first thing in the morning (started with 4)

There's a huge amount of talk these days about the good bacteria in your gut and how important it is...
Natural Yoghurt, in particular Greek Yoghurt is good ( not Greek Style Yoghurt which isn't so good).

Yeo Valley is a good make.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 06:20 PM

Ok, you win i'll look into this when I go out shopping next.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Susie, it doesn't have to be expensive...https://www.essentialslondon.com/pro...hoCNNkQAvD_BwE

I put 8-10 drops in a glass of water first thing in the morning (started with 4)

There's a huge amount of talk these days about the good bacteria in your gut and how important it is...
Natural Yoghurt, in particular Greek Yoghurt is good ( not Greek Style Yoghurt which isn't so good).

Totally agree!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 07:22 PM

As a little by the way, I love Yeo Valley frozen yoghurt, it's not so sweet as ice cream. Haven't been able to find it lately though?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

19-06-2018, 07:45 PM

Ok, you win i'll look into this when I go out shopping next.
You won't find GSE in shops Susie. Internet purchase.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

19-06-2018, 08:00 PM

Natural Yoghurt, in particular Greek Yoghurt is good
Sauerkraut and Kimchi are even better. Sauerkraut contains 10 times the amount of bio cultures found in bio yoghurt.

Easy peasy to make and very cheap

Here's my latest jar full just made which will sit and ferment now for 4-5 weeks.

Chopped cabbage, chopped fennel, some caraway seeds, salt and nothing else!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

20-06-2018, 07:43 AM

I'm going to order Ruthio one today.

Thank you.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top