Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:13 PM

Re: Poor Bob

So sorry Bob isn't too well

Hateful when a fur baby is poorly

As Leia says, a dog will lick.

Either get a stocking ( a finger tube bandage for example) for his leg or get him a buster collar to stop the licking
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Deylon it's a dog's instinct to lick his wounds, it helps the healing process. Something in their saliva I believe. Is it a bad cut?
Originally Posted by Missy ->
So sorry Bob isn't too well

Hateful when a fur baby is poorly

As Leia says, a dog will lick.

Either get a stocking ( a finger tube bandage for example) for his leg or get him a buster collar to stop the licking
Poor Bob. Of course he wasn’t ok with you being in hospital. I agree with the fact that it’s in a dogs nature to lick its wounds
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 11:19 AM

Yes, they will lick at a wound, but depending on the severity of the wound and how often they are poking at it, they can make it more inflamed and worse by not giving it a chance to dry and heal.

What sort of wound is it? Do you know how he did it?
Is there anything in it - like a splinter, or thorn?
Could it be a tick bite?

I would examine it closely and if it doesn't heal, take him back for treatment or even a stitch or two.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top