Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2009, 10:44 AM

Re: State pension age could hit 70

My OH is target audience for this kind of thing being nearly 59, however with 2 smal children and associated school fees, a huge mortgage, our own business AND a high-maintenance wife who's still in her mid-40s (tee hee) I don't think retirement at 65 is an option

He is firmly of the opinion that working keeps people younger and more alert/integrated. Although maybe not of the intensity as in their youth he believes it is important for healthy older people to remain within the workplace from a social, emotional and pyhsical wellbeing perspective.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2009, 04:54 PM

Re: State pension age could hit 70

Different rules here of course; our retirement age is inching up also. I got out at 63 1/2; couldn't face waiting till 65 (as it was then) at a reduced Social Security benefit; fortunately I have income from investments. And our checks are adjusted for inflation. Although no increase for '10 as there wasn't appreciable inflation.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top