Join for free
Grimloaf The Damp
Left of Centre Earth
Grimloaf The Damp is male  Grimloaf The Damp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 07:45 AM

Where am I going wrong?

I am not completely socially inept and have been trying to get my self accepted by normal decent folk for years now. I invite myself to parties and am very careful about my attire. My vests are carefully arranged in age order, obviously the oldest vests are the most smelly so they stay at the back of the fridge the newest and therefore cleanest vests stay at the front. I keep my socks and shorts in the vegetable cooler.

Tip number one , keep your clothes in the fridge they last longer and fridges are cheeper than washing machines and not prone to go wrong as often (always leave a little room at the front for food and never put underwear in the freezer box)

Tip number two, never take any notice of the sell by date on socks and underwear take it from me they last a lot longer than stated especially if they do not come into contact with detergent.

I have no control over my flatulence problem, it a a medical condition! I do however appreciate that some people find the frequent breaking of wind socially unacceptable. After years of living with this affliction I have mastered the art of the silent passing and to be honest I find the smell quite pleasant in a toilety sort of way. Before gatecrashing I always eat a couple of jars of mint jelly to soften the smell of my bottom belches.

Anyway back to the party, I make sure I wear my freshest clothes and although I have a soap allergy I have discovered deodorant, it does not mask the smell completely just subtly changes it. I practice polite conversation for hours prior to gatecrashing. I have never managed to strike up a conversation however as I am always ejected very soon after arriving.

You guys have been round the block a few times so please can someone tell me where I am going wrong?

And what is halitosis?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 11:45 AM

Re: Where am I going wrong?

Mmmm
I think this may take some time ....
... but the OFFers New Year Party might be interesting!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 12:36 PM

Love it!

One thing is certain, although we've never met before, we could always recognise you if you gatecrashed any of our parties!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 01:46 PM

Maybe the fridge is set too high, or too low???
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 11:40 PM

I always find the problem with the fridge wardrobe is if the food smells a bit then it can have a detrimental affect on the clothes. This could be the problem, no one likes the smell of 'off food'.

I'm wondering if the socks/shorts combo in the veg cooler is a good thing or not. Both can be 'scented' do you have enough room in the fridge to keep them apart?

I think the mint sauce is an excellent idea, have you considered that not everyone likes mint sauce? Perhaps try something different like Parma Violets which may be acceptable to some.

If you're using a good deoderant I don't see what the problem would be. Do you put it on every day on top of the previous days. Layering scent like this builds it up and you may find it works better that way. If you wash it off now and again how do you ecxpect it to work! (not meaning to be cheeky, just thought you might not know this).

You said that you practice polite conversation but haven't had a lot of practice. I'm wondering if perhaps your facial expression is the problem? A little tip - try practicing when you are out and about in places you can see your expression - for example shop windows, car, van, bus or train windows etc. And don't forget to smile!!

Other than that I can't think what the prblem is - maybe you're not choosing the right type of party??

Good luck.
Grimloaf The Damp
Left of Centre Earth
Grimloaf The Damp is male  Grimloaf The Damp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2009, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Calismum ->
I always find the problem with the fridge wardrobe is if the food smells a bit then it can have a detrimental affect on the clothes. This could be the problem, no one likes the smell of 'off food'.

I'm wondering if the socks/shorts combo in the veg cooler is a good thing or not. Both can be 'scented' do you have enough room in the fridge to keep them apart?

I think the mint sauce is an excellent idea, have you considered that not everyone likes mint sauce? Perhaps try something different like Parma Violets which may be acceptable to some.

If you're using a good deoderant I don't see what the problem would be. Do you put it on every day on top of the previous days. Layering scent like this builds it up and you may find it works better that way. If you wash it off now and again how do you ecxpect it to work! (not meaning to be cheeky, just thought you might not know this).

You said that you practice polite conversation but haven't had a lot of practice. I'm wondering if perhaps your facial expression is the problem? A little tip - try practicing when you are out and about in places you can see your expression - for example shop windows, car, van, bus or train windows etc. And don't forget to smile!!

Other than that I can't think what the prblem is - maybe you're not choosing the right type of party??

Good luck.
Thank you very much for the thoughtful advice! I agree the mint sauce can be detrimental, before starting to eat the stuff in quantity at least the sheep were obliging! Please do not mention the W word the nearest I have come to a wwwwaaaash in the last 40 years was when the district nurse scrubbed my rear with a surgical wipe before inserting my biannual suppository!

I will try the facial expression training and let you know how I get on, that is unless I am arrested again!
Grimloaf The Damp
Left of Centre Earth

19-11-2009, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Maybe the fridge is set too high, or too low???
I wouldn't know I never plug it in!
dinahsmum
SW England

20-11-2009, 12:03 PM

Thank goodness for sensible empathetic people like Calismum - that all sounds like good advice, Grim
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2009, 05:51 PM

Lol you guys are mad

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top