Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2013, 06:50 PM

Re: Cloudy2Clear

So pleased to hear about the windows Steve - sounds a good deal to me ......
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 04:20 PM

We've had Cloudy2Clear in today and all but one window has been replaced - 6 out of the 7 we wanted.

The odd one that was to be toughened glass turned out to be defective for some reason so the fitter refused to fit it - "I don't do a bodged job" he said!

Impressed here, and they cleaned & buffed-up the new windows too before leaving.

No mess no waste, just in, do the job, (wiping feet every time!), the apologies for problem and off.

'Phone call 10 mins later confirming new window to fit Wednesday-next!

Couldn't ask for better really so it's thumbs-Up for Cloudy2Clear from us - ££651.49 in total for 7 windows eventually, including the VAT, which I'm trying to find out about too as I'm registered as disabled. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2013, 04:22 PM

Good result !
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2013, 04:10 PM

I know it's probably psychosomatic and physical evidence in the form of thermometer readings virtually proves otherwise but I could swear our house feels slightly warmer now!

Our living room is bathed in light too, now that the really cloudy windows we had have gone!

Maybe it's just the finishing off of the outside wall too a week or so ago, with it's formerly 'iffy' damp course and two coats of masonry paint - I dunno!!

Next job is the bathroom upgrade then, if we can manage it, the kitchen.

Feels good making improvements, no matter how minor! stevmk2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

14-12-2013, 12:55 PM

The last window was done Wednesday-last and the house now looks much better for these new glazed units!

We've been told that we have one window which wasn't done that could possible go in the next year or two and Cloudy2Clear have told us they'll be offering a discount now on any further windows we buy from them.

Nice to know but I was amazed really that we got 7 windows re-glazed for £650 anyway.

A tentative enquiry after being door-stepped by a well-known window / conservatory company in 2010 gave us the ball park figure for those same 7 windows as DOUBLE that, which is why we held back for so long!

Anyway, as I said, we are well-pleased with Cloudy"Clear!! stevmk2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2013, 12:56 PM

So pleased it has worked out so well for you Steve ....
RichardE
New Member!
Derbyshire
RichardE is male 

26-07-2014, 10:35 AM

Had a pane replaced by cloudy2clear earlier this year, no actual problems with that, but they were unable to repair the faulty mechanism in a PVC door, but still charged me for the privilage.
I subsequently asked an established local independent business to replace the door, and the owner pointed out to me that the new window pane from c2c was not the correct toughened glass required by Building Regulations. He also quoted me his suggested price (without knowing what we'd paid to c2c), and it was just over half!. He said that any reputable independent glazier can replace failed double-glazed panes easily and at a reasonable price, provided the frames are still sound. They will also advise on the options for toughened glass, energy saving glass, etc.
Cloudy2clear is a franchise operation, we didn't see the named "friendly local owner" as promised in their adverts, and it is very difficult to contact them...and no Registered Office address on documents (actually illegal).
So be cautious and shop around.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-07-2014, 10:41 AM

Good - informative post Richard - thanks
eddie
shropshire UK
eddie is female  eddie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2014, 11:07 AM

Oops, reply not needed, I didn't read other pages. Still not quite used to this site yet.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

26-07-2014, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by RichardE ->
Had a pane replaced by cloudy2clear earlier this year, no actual problems with that, but they were unable to repair the faulty mechanism in a PVC door, but still charged me for the privilage.
I subsequently asked an established local independent business to replace the door, and the owner pointed out to me that the new window pane from c2c was not the correct toughened glass required by Building Regulations. He also quoted me his suggested price (without knowing what we'd paid to c2c), and it was just over half!. He said that any reputable independent glazier can replace failed double-glazed panes easily and at a reasonable price, provided the frames are still sound. They will also advise on the options for toughened glass, energy saving glass, etc.
Cloudy2clear is a franchise operation, we didn't see the named "friendly local owner" as promised in their adverts, and it is very difficult to contact them...and no Registered Office address on documents (actually illegal).
So be cautious and shop around.
As you correctly stated Richard, it is a franchise operation and I did my research first AND checked Building Regs too, just to be on the safe side.

The problem I encountered around here though is that many local contractors, even the big ones like Anglian & Everest flatly denied that you can replace the glazed units, which is totally untrue if the frames are still sound!

C2C were the only honest ones to come around and they picked up on the safety glass too - they miss-measured one and had to come back but I can't fault the work done and they cleaned up as they went too! stevmk2

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top