Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 10:32 PM

Re: Call To Arms England Supporters Thread.

Think there were quite a few positives out there last night.
England are a team in transition that we can all see. When its said that we are well behind in coaching I have to say I don't think so. I think we are starting to see from the youth on the pitch last night that we are progressing nicely on that side of things.
Not one to make excuses but maybe the WC came a little to soon for RH to do a complete overall.
Sterling was fantastic cutting through the Italian defence with ease, Sturridge is a natural goalscorer and will put away a lot more than he miss's, Wellbeck who I said was being played out of position in an earlier post had a great evening running chasing putting their defence and midfield under pressure retrieving balls and connecting well with Sturridge and Sterling. All in all these three showed the new thinking in the England game.Bains for me never had a good game but nor did he have a bad one.Rooney blowing hot and cold on the evening never helped down that lefthand side one decent cross in 90mins is just not good enough for an international competitive game but he's never really shone for England apart from friendly match's imo. I used to think Johnson was a great rightback but he thinks to much these days and by the time he has thought the opposition is upon him and he makes so many mistakes nothing is natural about him anymore. Henderson a good solid game will get better. Think what we all must realise as well is that Italy are renowned to start tournaments slowly not looking pretty on the pitch but just doing enough to get them through.
Would like to see Jones brought in for Johnson and Milner for Rooney Lampard for Henderson
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 10:44 PM

I agree, I'm no pundit, but England seemed to give a good account of themselves last night, there still seems a lot of hype though, the wife and I think that Rooney sometimes takes the Mickey.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2014, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I agree, I'm no pundit, but England seemed to give a good account of themselves last night, there still seems a lot of hype though, the wife and I think that Rooney sometimes takes the Mickey.
I think you've scored an own goal with that one SF, it'll go over folks heads.
Deepwater
vietnam
Deepwater is male 

16-06-2014, 01:11 AM

The English team are not world class players, at their best they are second class but when are they at their best!!!!!

They need to be a little more humble and a little more hungry.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2014, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Oh Patsy luv, that's not what I want to hear.

I am supporting the team and we all should have hope they get through
the first round. I am excited by the Young'uns. There are at least
8 in this team and we are not unindated with the old'uns.
I have my St Georges flag hanging out of the window and I know it will be there for a few weeks. Comon ENGLAND
You were absolutely right Sandy, watched the game and was 'astounded' - best team we have had for years !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2014, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I don't know whether you got fed up with Phil Neville, putting his spoke in, but he spoilt it for me.
Did spoil the game - continuous banal drone of a voice.
The problem for me was Neville giving me earache in the one ear and me Hubs moaning about Neville in the other !
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2014, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Would like to see Jones brought in for Johnson and Milner for Rooney Lampard for Henderson
I thought this was a serious post until I saw "Milner for Rooney" - Poor old Milner sums up everything that has been wrong with our national team for 50 years. No flair, no creativity, little skill but lots and lots of directionless effort.
Rooney is our only world class player and, like Hoddle, Worthington, Hudson, Le Tissier before him, instead of building the team around the one world class player, successive England managers have tried to make their best player fit in with and accomodate the workaday plodders with the inevitable results.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-06-2014, 10:15 AM

I doubt we will ever see the passion and focus of other teams though, we get one or two good players, but it takes more than that.
Sterling and Surridge showed promise - maybe they will inspire something special ........
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2014, 11:23 PM

longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2014, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I thought this was a serious post until I saw "Milner for Rooney" - Poor old Milner sums up everything that has been wrong with our national team for 50 years. No flair, no creativity, little skill but lots and lots of directionless effort.
Rooney is our only world class player and, like Hoddle, Worthington, Hudson, Le Tissier before him, instead of building the team around the one world class player, successive England managers have tried to make their best player fit in with and accomodate the workaday plodders with the inevitable results.

Yeh you stick to that neanderthal sport of rugby mate where you only have to think about picking up a ball and running with it.
Milner is the best of what RH selected over there to give us any width down the left flank.Has proven Rooney your world beater can't play wide left at international football.He is ok playing for his club where he has his team mates to mop up the mess afterwards and make him look good,but internationally he can't do it consistently game after game.
There are those that can and there are those that can't and I am afraid Rooney is one of the latter. Perhaps he could change his sport to rugby I am sure his one brain cell could cope with that game quite easily. Think you should stop reading the papers and watch his game then you will see what I mean.
I will give you credit that Le Tiss/Hoddle/Wothington were very skifull players I would also add Marsh to that list. Yes teams should have been built around them type of players but not Rooney his brain couldn't cope with thinking to much about what was going on around him and no way could he lead a team.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top