Join for free
Page 6 of 36 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 03:10 PM

Re: Energy: SMART Meters

I think I will decline - we give the meter reading on the internet
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I think I will decline - we give the meter reading on the internet
Yes I do too Patsy, just done it today, so really I cant see any benefits for us, I dont want to see how much energy we are using as it would stress me out.

I remember many years ago when we got the Central heating in, I nearly camped out in the garage watching the meter go round and round lol stressing at how much my first bill with heating was going to be, I am over than now (Honest)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
Thanks Val

Julie, why cant you have one ?
Our meter is too far from our flat the meter has to be within so many feet of your fuse box we have been told.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Our meter is too far from our flat the meter has to be within so many feet of your fuse box we have been told.
Oh right I understand, our gas meter is in the garage, joined onto the house, electric meter is in the pantry.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
Yes I do too Patsy, just done it today, so really I cant see any benefits for us, I dont want to see how much energy we are using as it would stress me out.

I remember many years ago when we got the Central heating in, I nearly camped out in the garage watching the meter go round and round lol stressing at how much my first bill with heating was going to be, I am over than now (Honest)

As the song goes - don't look Ethel !
Can't believe the prices of things today
But, we have to keep warm ................
We have storage heaters - don't like them one bit
Marj
England

28-11-2015, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
[/B]
As the song goes - don't look Ethel !
Can't believe the prices of things today
But, we have to keep warm ................
We have storage heaters - don't like them one bit
That is so true Patsy we do have to keep warm and my hubby is not well right now and is feeling the cold, so the heating is on full
jon
England
jon is male  jon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2015, 11:51 AM

We applied for one but when the chap came to fit it , he told us as we can't get the internet it works from , we couldn't have it , we are in a village in a dip , we can only get T-mobile here , but after reading the replies i'm pleased now we didn't have one i wouldn't want my bill hiking up .
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 10:41 AM

Some weeks ago I was asked by my energy supplier OVO if I would change over to Smart Meters for both my Gas and Electricity.
I said NO!
So were do you sit on this one then?
Have you already got one?
Are you contemplating getting one?
If so, perhaps read this first!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bil...ers-grows.html

Readers have highlighted seven big issues.
The first generation of smart meters – SMETS 1 – often stop working if someone switches to another energy supplier.
Some users have been over-billed, forcing them to have the meters replaced with traditional ones.
The meters are vulnerable to hackers, despite design help from intelligence service Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ). Such security breaches could leave households vulnerable to burglars.
The meters will often not work in rural areas, flats and homes with thick walls.
The installation programme is costing £11 billion – £420 for every household in Britain.
Some suppliers are bullying people into accepting a smart meter by threatening them with price hikes if they do not accept one.
Claims that the hand-held devices showing energy usage will yield annual savings of £23 remain unproven.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 10:46 AM

We've been wanting one for years but they won't let us have one because our meter is too far away from our flat. So that advert everyone can have one is a lie.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 10:48 AM

It's a no from me Boozer, for all the above and then some....

Page 6 of 36 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top