Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2015, 08:40 PM

Re: New Bank Cards

[QUOTE=Norway;620876]Wife has just had one , not that it bothers us much unless we go to the U k.
I was just wondering, as I think you hold them by the terminal, No Pin??? whats to stop somebody using yours if they have stolen it , if they only have to hold it by the terminal ???[/QUOTE]

I was told that if your card was used 3 times in fairly quick succession, another purchase wouldn't be allowed. So the worst that could happen, is that a thief could only make 3 small-ish withdrawels.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2015, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What if we still prefer chip and pin ?
It better be ok , I cut my new card up and put it in the bin I have got enough cards to mix up and lose already I don't need any more ...
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2015, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheeler ->
Might be ´belt-and-braces´, but I´ve put my contactless card in a metallic sleeve that screens it from unauthorised use while in your pocket. Cases have happened at check-out tills apparently where the wrong customer has been charged from a nearby card in a purse or wallet.
Really?!! That is scary..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2015, 09:54 PM

Yes, didn't they have trouble with M&S machines charging folk who were just passing by. I only use mine if the cashier suggests it, but, I'd rather go back to chip & pin or even cash, you knew where you were with cash, if you didn't have it in your purse you couldn't spend it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2015, 10:20 PM

[QUOTE=Twizard;622190]Yes, didn't they have trouble with M&S machines charging folk who were just passing by. I only use mine if the cashier suggests it, but, I'd rather go back to chip & pin or even cash, you knew where you were with cash, if you didn't have it in your purse you couldn't spend it QUOTE]

A lot of sense in that Twiz,
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 05:07 PM

The chip can be disabled by carefully drilling or melting with soldering iron through the antenna - google for instructions. Bit drastic though as I can see some advantage if used carefully and protected while in your pocket.
PennyW
Chester
PennyW is female  PennyW has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2015, 05:30 PM

Yes, had a MasterCard one for a while, and an American Express one, now bank card is contactless. Very handy.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top