Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Freshfields
Ayrshire, Scotland
Freshfields is female  Freshfields has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 04:57 PM

Re: Pee in the sink?

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Then I would take a spade outside somewhere!
Hope you can hang on that long then and you don't get over-exposed.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 11:23 PM

Couldn't wade thru 12 pages in this thread so sorry fi suggestions have already been made.

@OP

Put a brick in your toilet cysterns. That will greatly reduce the amount of water each flush uses.

Put diffusers in your taps. That will greatly reduce the amount of water you use washing your hands. This is done on cruise ships where water usage has to be minimised where possible.

Set up a water-butt in the garden to collect rain from your roof/gutters. Use this to water your plants. Cheap and easy.

etc etc
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2015, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Put diffusers in your taps. That will greatly reduce the amount of water you use washing your hands. This is done on cruise ships where water usage has to be minimised where possible.
I think these are a terrible invention, they spray you with water when it hits the washbasin at speed the it takes an age to fill a utensil. I have removed as many as I can from the taps in which they were fitted..
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 12:45 AM

Whilst that may be true Meg, you live in a world where currently water is free and abundant.

When that ceases to be the case, your views may change.

If your water supply were to shut off due to some national incident, say earthquake, do you have the ability to create potable water?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2015, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Whilst that may be true Meg, you live in a world where currently water is free and abundant.

When that ceases to be the case, your views may change.

If your water supply were to shut off due to some national incident, say earthquake, do you have the ability to create potable water?
Probably I live on the Malvern Hills with a good supply of underground springs . We don't get many severe earthquakes around here.

My goodness Realist you are a merchant of doom

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top