Join for free
Page 142 of 190 « First < 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 > Last »
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 04:33 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Well that new kitchen looks mighty fine OGF. You should be proud of the work you have achieved.

One thing, I nervously have to add is - The six months before my daughter got married last December were so stressful that all of us got on each others nerves. As fabulous day as it was, we were all relieved to get back to normal.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
to be quite honest OGF I do think you are falling apart quite literally and would recommend that you stay at home and just get used to your new kitchen - you know where everything fits in what drawers - I think poor dear Mrs Fox is trying to 'give you a message' which is IMO - " stay home and enjoy our lovely home together - instead of running away from me all the time"!!there is a time to hang up the golden shoes!!
Not ready to hang up those shoes yet Gumbud, there's loads of good running in my legs yet.....Just call it 'Work in progress' ...If I packed up running every time I had a twinge I would have taken up stamp collecting years ago.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
Well that new kitchen looks mighty fine OGF. You should be proud of the work you have achieved.

One thing, I nervously have to add is - The six months before my daughter got married last December were so stressful that all of us got on each others nerves. As fabulous day as it was, we were all relieved to get back to normal.
Thanks Cedronella, it's certainly been a testing time for Mrs Fox and me, but we've a holiday coming up in Guernsey after the wedding, so if we survive until then I think we should be okay....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 10:46 PM

Foxy you doing your bits late tonight.
I think Gummy means take care my lovely.
He just goes a different way of saying it.
I'm still waiting for my invite.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-06-2018, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Foxy you doing your bits late tonight.
I think Gummy means take care my lovely.
He just goes a different way of saying it.
I'm still waiting for my invite.
Eyes are getting heavy now Sweetie so it's time to call it a day, and yes Gummy means well, he's a good bloke but I don't tell him too often he might think I'm going soft.....
Send me you're address and I'll bung an invite in the post...But you are aware it'll just be you and me.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Eyes are getting heavy now Sweetie so it's time to call it a day, and yes Gummy means well, he's a good bloke but I don't tell him too often he might think I'm going soft.....
Send me you're address and I'll bung an invite in the post...But you are aware it'll just be you and me.....
And your lovely wifey.
Good Night Foxy.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 06:50 AM

You did it, Bob! I know that it cost a lot of blood, sweat, savings, and tears to get the kitchen remodeled, but it turned out beautifully. I am sure that the meals will somehow taste better....

A Guernsey trip is super idea! I recall that the Foxes are very fond of it there and it gives you a life raft towards which you can swim during the next few months as the planning heats up...

Here comes the bride....

Proud of you, Bob.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-06-2018, 09:55 AM

I must apologise for not replying to posters who have commented either in here or the exercise thread, your kind words are gratefully received. I make no excuses...Well actually I do.....

Although the kitchen fitters have worked their magic and provided Mrs Fox and me with a kitchen to admire (see earlier example) there has still been a lot of work to do. The painter and decorator who we have earmarked to take care of the cosmetic side of the kitchen seems to have gone away on holiday, but he is exceedingly good (and expensive) but well worth waiting for.

So I've been taking care of my expected tally of jobs, or at least trying to.
Our friend of forty years, and who lives on her own, was diagnosed with breast cancer just after the new year and had to undergo a series of Chemotherapy, it affected her badly, and then last Friday had her breast removed. Obviously Mrs Fox and myself have been there for her every step of the way. My car is at her disposal twenty four seven for hospital appointments, shopping and such, and Mrs Fox has been taking care of all of her laundry needs.

Also last Friday, our next door neighbour was rushed into hospital, leaving her 86 year old husband to fend for himself...So once again the Foxy's have stepped into the breach. We have lived next door to them for almost fifty years and they are like family.

Add to this the fact that running/walking must be done despite a faulty piriformis muscle that doesn't want to heal - Nobody wants to hear from an unfit, obese, 'has been' runner do they.... And with my 68th year rapidly approaching, I don't seem to have the drive and enthusiasm (or fitness) that I once had.

Nobody want to hear from a moaning old Foxy either, something I must again apologise for, but writing on the forum does provide an escape and does seem to help....
Now.....where are me overalls....

PS:- Don't talk to me about 'Weddings' Surfermom......I'm all 'Wedding'ed Up'...
We may not come home from Guernsey....!!!!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-08-2018, 07:20 AM

While the Bride and her maids are consuming egg and bacon in the hotel up the road, we have been making preperations for her arrival.....

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 11:53 PM

how are ya "nuts" OGF??

Add to this the fact that running/walking must be done despite a faulty piriformis muscle that doesn't want to heal - Nobody wants to hear from an unfit, obese, 'has been' runner do they..
NO! NO! NO! ya gettin old OGF ya just wont admit it - but the good news is it's all down hill from here and I'm just a few miles ahead of yer - catch ya on the bends - which I have at the moment!

ps:but I did tell you once that all that running would be the ruin of ya didn't I - hope the wedding goes well and they keep ya runnin around!

Page 142 of 190 « First < 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top