Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 10:09 PM

Steampunk?... Of corset makes sense!

Just thought I'd pop back and give you few peeps into my world! This is what Steampunk's all about, you get to visit an alternative universe without even leaving the planet!
These are videos from The Asylum at Lincoln, unfortunately I can't travel that far but, one day...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoSj...&feature=share
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Psz4GudOP4

Now you can see why I love it!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 10:16 PM

Re: Steampunk?... Of corset makes sense!

Looks great fun
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 10:28 PM

We were recently at a steampunk event and loved it ..Great costumes fantastic music and a really fun day..

OH said he would love to really get involved.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 10:58 PM

What a colourful event, great costumes ...

It's a shame you were unable to travel there Tess
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 05:12 AM

It looks good fun.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 05:31 AM

Never knew there was such a thing, I really must get out more...
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 06:10 AM

Personally I think Steampunk is pointless, tedious and silly

But life would be boring if we were all the same, so congratulations to those who enjoy it and have chosen to be a bit different!
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 07:28 AM

I've seen them but had to google how it originated which I didn't know:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Never knew there was such a thing, I really must get out more...
Me too.
Looks good though!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 08:19 AM

Cass, you just have to look for your nearest group on Fb. I found two quite near me but, a bit far too drive for me so I formed a local one, which now had about 50 members. The nice thing is anyone is welcome, any age, status, ability etc. It's very popular with us older folk, it seems to bring out stifled creativity at an age where we start thinking we're becoming invisible we can be splendid! You will notice that it gives confidence to many who would normally fade into the background. Someone will turn up at an event wearing plus fours and riding a penny farthing, another with a weird Sci Fi machine and someone else with a mobility scooter that has a horse's head with reins. People have fun inventing stuff in their sheds, sewing costumes etc. Some will just add goggles and a few cogs here and there to everyday clothes. It's all eccentric, good fun and lovely to be in polite company, as politeness is one of the Steampunk traits.
This World is becoming more and more stressful and disappointing to some, anything that lifts the spirits is welcome, I hope!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top