Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2010, 10:45 PM

No increase in Works Pension this year!!!!

Received a letter this morning informing me that I won't be getting an increase on works pension due to negative inflation, whatever that means! As a sweetner though if inflation continues to be negative my pension will not be reduced. Am sure someone on here will be able to explain negative inflation to me

But the good news is my state pension is going up by £1.12 a week...wow!! Will have to give careful consideration to what I'm going to do with this extra money
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2010, 10:50 PM

Re: No increase in Works Pension this year!!!!

Gosh Merz, you may even be able to afford an extra cup of tea a week with that extra £1.12, while you're out shopping!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2010, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Gosh Merz, you may even be able to afford an extra cup of tea a week with that extra £1.12, while you're out shopping!
now that's something to look forward to Mags.........
lynnb
New Member!
lynnb is female 

12-03-2010, 11:21 PM

Or you could treat yourself and put your heating up for a milly second.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2010, 11:22 PM

Can't even get a lottery ticket with that now can you? (think they're 1.50 now?)
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

12-03-2010, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by lynnb ->
Or you could treat yourself and put your heating up for a milly second.
It will be gone as soon as the central heating fires up lynnb

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Can't even get a lottery ticket with that now can you? (think they're 1.50 now?)
They're still a £1 Azz as far as I know, but if I bought one think my £1 would be wasted as it must be at least 5/6 years since I won a tenner on the lottery.....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2010, 12:46 AM

I sympathize, merz, my Social Security check had no increase also this year; no inflation, supposedly. I guess they don't shop at the same places I do .. anyhow, didn't go down! Don't go wild with that 1.12 (My keyboard doesn't have a pound symbol)
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

13-03-2010, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I sympathize, merz, my Social Security check had no increase also this year; no inflation, supposedly. I guess they don't shop at the same places I do .. anyhow, didn't go down! Don't go wild with that 1.12 (My keyboard doesn't have a pound symbol)
Don't know about no inflation Dandysmom, when I do my big shop it does seem to cost more each week......nothing we can do about though-got to eat to live
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2010, 10:15 PM

You are not on your own - my NHS pension has not gone up this year and the cheeky monkies wrote to say that even though the index reported below negative inflation during part of the year they were not decreasing my pension - cheeky b....s
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

20-05-2010, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
You are not on your own - my NHS pension has not gone up this year and the cheeky monkies wrote to say that even though the index reported below negative inflation during part of the year they were not decreasing my pension - cheeky b....s
My thoughts exactly Aerolor. Mines a Lancashire County Council one, but according to my brother, they would be in their rights to decrease the pension due to negative inflation....suppose we should be grateful for small mercies!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top