Join for free
martha
New Member!
Ontario, Canada
martha is female 

15-10-2016, 06:05 AM

Financing our second home !!

Hello all,
Me and husband purchased the present home few years back. We have a daughter, and it is our wish to buy a home for her, because she is moving to another city for her studies, also it will be an asset for us. But since we do not have enough savings, will go for a mortgage. We had been looking at the different options for financing our new home. My friend suggested me a blog that she had read on how to purchase a second home, if its for your direct relative like child. Accordingly, we have sufficient income , and strong credit history. But, I wanted to know, what would be the best mortgage option for us. My husband will be retiring in a few years, so before that we would like to pay off this mortgage, and be free from all financial commitments. Please advice me here. Thanks.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 10:07 AM

Re: Financing our second home !!

Hello Martha , you say..
Accordingly, we have sufficient income , and strong credit history. But, I wanted to know, what would be the best mortgage option for us.
and...
My friend suggested me a blog that she had read on how to purchase a second home,
I certainly wouldn't take any notice of some random advertising blog posted on the internet and sent to you by 'a friend'.

I would suggest you consult an independent financial advisor where you live in Canada, you can then explain to them your circumstance and they will know exactly what is available to you there.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 02:38 PM

I agree with Meg. Also, you will have more re-dress if something goes wrong if you use a professional.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2016, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hello Martha , you say..
I certainly wouldn't take any notice of some random advertising blog posted on the internet and sent to you by 'a friend'.

I would suggest you consult an independent financial advisor where you live in Canada, you can then explain to them your circumstance and they will know exactly what is available to you there.
Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree with Meg. Also, you will have more re-dress if something goes wrong if you use a professional.
Good advice
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 01:43 PM

No Advice sorry but wanted to say what a lovely idea to help your kids. I hope it works out well for you all.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 01:51 PM

Take into account that you will have to pay an extra 3% on top of stamp duty as a second home .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Take into account that you will have to pay an extra 3% on top of stamp duty as a second home .
In Canada? ....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 03:47 PM

Whoops didnt know the poster was Canadian .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top