Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 02:19 AM

Re: My cats and the Christmas tree.

My tree is on a table as well. Keeps the dogs away from it, but it doesn't stop Ally. That cat is a menace
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 08:19 AM

Many years ago, when I got my first kitten, I came home from work and couldn't find her... but there was no way she could have got out of the house! After much searching and calling, I noticed a strange fluffy ornament on the Christmas tree. It was her tail and she had fallen asleep on the inner branches of the tree!
She was about 10 weeks old!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 11:11 AM

thanks for the replies. I see I am not alone then. I have purposely hung all the soft decorations at the bottom of the tree and the breakable ones at the top but somehow they still manage to get to them (none broken so far though).

A few minutes ago, Olivia came hurtling into the room at a 100mph and leapt straight into the centre of the tree, so there's now a bit of a hole in the middle.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 11:37 AM

My sister always has a large tree in her lounge and has to keep an eye on her two cats. If leaving the house she makes sure they can't get in there.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Many years ago, when I got my first kitten, I came home from work and couldn't find her... but there was no way she could have got out of the house! After much searching and calling, I noticed a strange fluffy ornament on the Christmas tree. It was her tail and she had fallen asleep on the inner branches of the tree!
She was about 10 weeks old!
What a lovely story Twink.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
thanks for the replies. I see I am not alone then. I have purposely hung all the soft decorations at the bottom of the tree and the breakable ones at the top but somehow they still manage to get to them (none broken so far though).

A few minutes ago, Olivia came hurtling into the room at a 100mph and leapt straight into the centre of the tree, so there's now a bit of a hole in the middle.
Yes, they're mischievous aren't they, but fun.

As we got two sisters, now 11 weeks old. They charge through the house at a similar speed to yours, one chasing the other. Then they reverse roles.

They do fight a lot, but perhaps that's a good thing in a way.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, they're mischievous aren't they, but fun.

As we got two sisters, now 11 weeks old. They charge through the house at a similar speed to yours, one chasing the other. Then they reverse roles.

They do fight a lot, but perhaps that's a good thing in a way.
I remember two of my previous kittens used to chase each other's tail in a circle. Very entertaining.

Have you posted pics of your kittens anywhere JB?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2017, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Have you posted pics of your kittens anywhere JB?
I can't remember. However, here is one in one of their quieter moments.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	4688  
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

10-12-2017, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can't remember. However, here is one in one of their quieter moments.
Thanks.

See, they do stop sometimes. they are very cute (at the moment).
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-12-2017, 01:47 PM

Another:

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	4689  

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top