Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 04:27 AM

Re: Alexa

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I agree Mups, I wouldn't tell my son this but I couldn't really see the point of Alexa, but he's a bit of a technophobe. He was getting adamant last night that in the future little drones would hoover above children who would be safe to play out as their drones would manage whether they were in danger, needed to go home to eat and liaise with their playmates drones so that mums would know what their children were doing and who they were playing with.
This made me think of something my dear old dad would say when something unpleasant, etc. was going to happen... "I'll squash 'em with me wellies!"
So yeah, I'd squash 'em with my wellies if them drones got near me or mine! Ok, maybe that wouldn't quite work with them being in the air and all, but you get the idea.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 07:23 AM

My daughter bought my son in law one for Christmas, I'm not sure how they are getting on with it in fact I'm not really sure what it does. Doubtless I will be given a demonstration soon.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I've got an Alexa, didn't buy it, it was won in a competition, it ain't been out the box yet, it's in the sideboard cupboard. Is this cruelty of some sort, do you think she want's to talk, it may be a Pandora's Box, should it be opened, would you open it?
It might be the lovely Alexa Chung inside.. I would open it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I've got an Alexa, didn't buy it, it was won in a competition, it ain't been out the box yet, it's in the sideboard cupboard. Is this cruelty of some sort, do you think she want's to talk, it may be a Pandora's Box, should it be opened, would you open it?
Ah yes the Alexa thing, they say sales are going to top the 50 billion dollars in 2018, as a betting man I would not wager on that, but don’t mind me I’m old fashioned.
Great for blind folks but in my humble opinion I think it is far easier to type a command or question into a computer than to have to speak perfectly everytime like a news reader into a portable round box like an idiot, anyone with a strong accent is lost straight away, that includes me and 90% of the country, if I’m wrong, and I usually am, I would invest my hard earned coin in the reopening of the old ‘Zubes’ factory here on the Southside, soothing sore throats will be where the smart money lies, Zubes might even open up in competition with youtube—youzube.
Not forgetting “Fisherman’s Friend” they are still available as far as I know, an unexpected bonanza for them, God never closes one door and all that.
I agree with Mups, man/woman will eventually end up as one huge big bald head on a bed, no need to do anything anymore, nature’s law “If you don’t use them you lose them”, what a horrible thought.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 06:28 PM

I had an Echo then a Google Home - gave both up as worthless baubles.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 07:05 PM

We'll be like those poor people on the spacecraft in Wall-E!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 07:06 PM

Fat blobs with no bone density relating to nothing but their screens
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Fat blobs with no bone density relating to nothing but their screens
Have you been looking in my albums?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

27-12-2017, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Have you been looking in my albums?
Ha!
Dongles you're funny!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 10:52 PM

Alexa's destiny is sealed "Ebay".

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top