Join for free
Page 108 of 276 « First < 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 208 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 08:04 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I hope she's feeling better and is able to voice her concerns to the hospital staff.
They doubted that I would get the steroids I asked for and they were right lol!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 10:53 AM

Well I've got my bags packed - just 2 should be enough to see me through 4 days in hospital plus I don't want to take in anything I don't need.

They are expecting me at 1pm although I doubt they'll find a bed for me until much later.

I'm not looking forward to the having 2 cannulae sticking into me; one is bad enough. but they need 2, 1 for the chemo, the other for saline/bicarbonate of soda.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 01:19 PM

It seems there is the possibility that my procedure might not go ahead as I am on antibiotics and they don't work well with the methotrexate.

I'll find out in half an hour when the Consultant comes out of a meeting. I wish they could have told me this yesterday when they phoned me and asked lots of questions about my health. I did mention that I was taking antibiotics.

If that's the case, they'll postpone the methotrexate until after my last chemo in early July. There's nothing I can do except wait.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 01:33 PM

It seems there is the possibility that my procedure might not go ahead as I am on antibiotics and they don't work well with the methotrexate.

I'll find out in half an hour when the Consultant comes out of a meeting. I wish they could have told me this yesterday when they phoned me and asked lots of questions about my health. I did mention that I was taking antibiotics.

If that's the case, they'll postpone the methotrexate until after my last chemo in early July. There's nothing I can do except wait.
Oh Dreamy, how frustrating for you.
Keep us updated, please.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 01:40 PM

Well I've got my bags packed - just 2 should be enough to see me through 4 days in hospital plus I don't want to take in anything I don't need.

They are expecting me at 1pm although I doubt they'll find a bed for me until much later.

I'm not looking forward to the having 2 cannulae sticking into me; one is bad enough. but they need 2, 1 for the chemo, the other for saline/bicarbonate of soda.
You could ask them to give you a third cannular and fill it with Vodka!!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

21-06-2018, 02:41 PM

Cancelled.

I'm pretty disappointed having got everything ready for this.

The Consultant explained that even with a low-grade chest infection, the methotrexate might have interacted badly and I would end up with something nastier like pneumonia and be on intravenous drugs. I'm to take the rest of my amoxycillin course and they want me back in a week tomorrow. If the antibiotics aren't working, I'm to phone the Ward and they will put me on some stronger drugs that don't interfere with the chemotherapy drug.

Annoying that I've spent money on taxis again and hardly have any food in the house and am too tired to go out and buy anything. I think I'll have to try and find something in the convenience store below me.

Oh well, such is life. I'm not even going to unpack the t-shirts and jeans that I did pack. I've got plenty of other clothes to wear.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

21-06-2018, 03:17 PM

Back to watching football and tennis now.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

25-06-2018, 04:23 PM

I've been feeling pretty good - I can feel my chest infection going away and am looking forward to Friday now, the re-scheduled time for my hospital stay.

If anything, I'm a bit lonely. I don't know why I haven't been posting as much as normal as I do like this forum and appreciate mixing with people and making and answering posts.

I got out today - again the familiar chemist (one drug I pick up weekly) then the small Co-Op and home. Again I had to stop halfway there and on the way back, too. This is my biggest regret: the fact that I'm stuck in the house too much. I've been watching tennis and the World Cup and recording other programmes.

No real symptoms - apart from the fatigue - except I am in a bit more pain as the day goes on in my neck and back. I've got pain-killers and the liquid and I try and be as conservative as possible in the use of these. I usually sleep pretty well but always wake up at around 2 to 4 to use the toilet.

Last night I woke up at 2:30 and had to do something on my phone (moving my PIP money from one account to another) and I noticed how light it was in the sky, almost like twilight and as my living room faces North East this was the lightest part of the sky. It made everything outside look very pretty.

I'm not at all worried about the methotrexate procedure; I've been through it before and the only side effect is mouth ulcers for which I have a bottle of very effective mouthwash. My only concern is that it may be a little hot and stuffy in the hospital if this weather holds.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 05:36 PM

Ive been away for three days Ffosse and prior to that not feeling my best, so just catching up with posts. Although I’m actually on my ‘bad’ week, I’ve managed quite well apart from not being able to walk far and feeling very tired. I’ve slept quite a bit in the car and had a regular afternoon kip too! Its just so good to get away from home and see different scenery, the weather has been a bonus!

I’m pleased to hear your chest infection is improving and that you seem to be feeling a lot more positive.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

25-06-2018, 05:45 PM

Good to hear from you, Val J, and that you're managing despite not being your best; the not being able to walk far and feeling very tired is something I can relate to. I think it's down to the cumulative effects of the chemo. Once the chemo is finished, expect a boost in energy, although a slow one. I'm thinking it will take a couple of months or so.

I'm envious - I'd love to get outside and away somewhere for a few days, but I'm looking forward to Friday.

You're right - having a positive outlook is crucial.

Page 108 of 276 « First < 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 208 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top