Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:39 AM

Re: Two new U.S. States

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm sure bakerman knows what he is talking about considering he actually lives there.

That is why I was asking HIM about the proposal to divide a US state into three. Simple really.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
And it's covered ad nauseum on here because we are a small country and bloody fed up with it.....
And fed up with advice from 10,000 miles away.
It's not all about you you know. This was about the USA and an interesting proposal to divide a state into three.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

20-06-2018, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Dividing California into 3 separate states goes hand-in hand with immigration. Too complicated to explain here but it's all about political power. Hispanics vote heavily Democrat. The more Hispanics (legal or illegal) the greater the power of the leftist wackos.
What is the mechanism for creating new states? and will it happen?

If it is about immigration are other states thinking along the same lines? Correct me if I am wrong but don't other states have a much longer border with Mexico than California?
Toorbulite
Australia
Toorbulite is male 

20-06-2018, 08:09 AM

I'm sure bakerman knows what he is talking about considering he actually lives there.
That does not necessarily follow.
So do all those Hispanics and "leftist wackos" actually live there.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Both the proposed "California" and "Southern California" are overwhelmingly Hispanic. Where I live, store clerks often do not speak any English.

The vast majority of them do not have the slightest allegiance to America. The Mexican flag is the flag of choice.

A Mexican/American guy I knew, dead now, said. "What right does America have to keep people from crossing the border at will. There should be no borders anywhere in the world".

He was brought to America by his parents as a child. All he was required to do was to 'report in' once every 10 years. But, he said, "**** America. **** their rules/laws". He refused to report in, and was eventually, at age 56, stopped for a traffic violation. The cops computer showed a Federal arrest warrant. He was deported simply because he was too stubborn to abide by the rules..
He sounds exactly like SOME of our immigrants, who have never shown any allegiance to this country other than benefiting from our generous handouts, free healthcare and free education.

I'm afraid that our authorities even go one better: any such violation of our laws does not automatically lead to deportation.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It's not all about you you know. This was about the USA and an interesting proposal to divide a state into three.
So are we not permitted an opinion?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-06-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Toorbulite ->
That does not necessarily follow.
So do all those Hispanics and "leftist wackos" actually live there.
By the sound of it, many of them live there illegally, so their opinion counts for nothing.
Toorbulite
Australia
Toorbulite is male 

20-06-2018, 03:58 PM

Yes, if those ïllegals did not live there, who would all the unscrupulous employers get to do all the menial work for crap money ?
Jeeeeez, they might have to pay a fair day's pay for a fair day's work.

Nevertheless, if 90% of the Hispanic population of California were illegal (which is ridiculous),
the remaining 10% would still have just as much credibility as Bakerman and Longdogs because "they actually live there".
Unless one wants to be racist about it ?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 04:13 PM

Am I right in stating that other US states have large Hispanic populations?

Ie. Texas, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico. How do they cope?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-06-2018, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Toorbulite ->
Yes, if those ïllegals did not live there, who would all the unscrupulous employers get to do all the menial work for crap money ?
Jeeeeez, they might have to pay a fair day's pay for a fair day's work.

Nevertheless, if 90% of the Hispanic population of California were illegal (which is ridiculous),
the remaining 10% would still have just as much credibility as Bakerman and Longdogs because "they actually live there".
Unless one wants to be racist about it ?
Ah, once again the 'race card' is being played.

I stand by what I said, regardless of your threats.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top