Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 06:39 PM

Re: A chest infection that won't go away

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
I have significant blast damage, embedded bits and pieces which have weakened my Immune System and then I got a Hospital Acquired Infection.

Grapefruit Seed Extract simply does not cut the Mustard in this respect.
Right but it WILL get rid of bacteria in your ear and will certainly help with Otitis Externa.

I appreciate you have much wider issues as a result of your past sacrifices. Every little helps though.

ATB
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
So... your body is incredible and stupid at the same time?
It's a machine designed and programmed to do what it does without our intervention short of continually feeding it the right fuel. It is possible to mess up the machine, to fool it and trigger various responses in it. For example if you put drugs in it, it becomes temporarily impaired. If you pile sugar into it its pleasure receptors are fooled and in response makes you think that it is enjoyable and so on.

Understanding and education ar ethe keys to success here. When we understand what sugar does to the body and mind and how it does it, we can then learn to ignore the false urges that are triggered in the body and make the decision not to give it further sugar, or drugs, or alcohol or whatever. In Ffosse's case it's nicotine.

It's up to the real US, the real person, to take control, understand how the body "sounds", how it ticks, how it responds to things and to be discipined and strong and only give it the real proper fuel that it so badly needs.

I know that having a high temperature and doing nothing about it can be dangerous and cause seizures.
Seizures (febrile seizures) mostly occur in young kids and typically occur at temperatures above 102 deg but can 't occur at lower temps. The seizures themselves are harmless and many kids get them.

You can't fight what is a totally natural function of the body. It is what it is. A fever is happening because the body needs to raise the temperature, not because there is something wrong or something malfunctioning.

Fevers can be monitored. You can keep a check of temperature if you are worried, but the key point is not to fight a fever, not to instantly grab medications to bring it down as doing so amounts to fighting (indeed crippling) your own body defences.

I also know that paracetamol can reduce fever yet that can mask the symptoms that need treating.
As I said. Just leave the body to do what it does best. It knows what it is doing and has been designed that way. Pharma pills won't improve things, they just treat symptoms at the expense of prolonging and exacerbating your conditions. In the case of colds and flu viruses such meds can lead to extremely dangerous infections and death.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:47 PM

Realist That is a very interesting read. I have taken a copy of it so I can send it to a few friends. Thank you for posting it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

21-06-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Realist That is a very interesting read. I have taken a copy of it so I can send it to a few friends. Thank you for posting it.
Welcome. Proof of the pudding is in the eating of course

It takes great courage to take responsibility for your health, to at times disregard conventional health service recommendations and to use Nature instead. It's scary actually but once you do it and see the results you realise the truth.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top