Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 10:16 AM

Re: New Breed of Statins

Originally Posted by Pats ->
A sweeping generalisation there, exercise and lifestyle changes are high priority in medicine today.
That made me think you did

Not at all, I am neither blinkered or stupid and I have never said that everything is perfect..[/B]
I'm not saying you are blinkered or stupid - maybe just a bit reluctant to accept things can be, or are, different, for some people, than how you see them

I haven't stated that it is infrequent or that it doesn't happen.

Unlike some who tar all areas and all aspects with the same brush.
I may well be misunderstanding your posts but you do seem to be surprised when FMs state that healthcare is less than what they'd hoped for.

Employees of the health service will be like employees everywhere: some are better than others.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well you certainly manage to make it sound like my experience is unique and very different from the rest of the country, I would suggest it's far from unique and many people have similar problems. Hells bells some people don't even survive their experiences with the NHS !
I am afraid it is more often you that make it sound that my experience and knowledge that some areas are performing well is unique and almost as if I have imagined it.

I have acknowledged many times that there are failings and all is not well everywhere, but believe me there is another side to that.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 10:47 AM

I have acknowledged many times that there are failings and all is not well everywhere, but believe me there is another side to that.
In what way? And don't sign off and not tell - I've come over all intrigued now
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 10:47 AM

I think this thread is becoming a classic example of how things can be misinterpreted online...As happens so often, sadly.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

04-10-2013, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I think this thread is becoming a classic example of how things can be misinterpreted online...As happens so often, sadly.
Isn't it just - I seem to spend more time posting explanations of what I've said because it's been misinterpreted (or, I hate to admit, I failed to explain correctly) either way, it's becoming tiresome.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2013, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I seem to spend more time posting explanations of what I've said because it's been misinterpreted (or, I hate to admit, I failed to explain correctly) either way, it's becoming tiresome.
Indeed...you and me both b~v..
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

04-10-2013, 04:46 PM

Indeed...you and me both b~v..
Come on, let's go and huddle in a corner and see if we can find out where we're going wrong
vivity
Perth Western Australia
vivity is female  vivity has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I will do vivity
Thanks Ben-varrey, sometimes UK will be testing and passing medicines that we hear about much later in Aus.
All Drs, Nurse and other health workers are at the end of the day just humans , some dedicated, some brilliant and some neither also all have personal lives that may affect how they perform at different times. Some personalities clash too we just have to try, if possible, to find one that suits us personally.

I have spent my life in the health services and some other professionals however brilliant I would prefer not to have contact with as they are total failures as communicators or lack empathy. Most people are educated enough now and no longer put any Dr on a pedestal and blindly accept what they are told,which is a good thing to have happened, and trust has to be earnt and maintained. Just my opinion.
TedHutchinson
Louth UK
TedHutchinson is male  TedHutchinson has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2013, 08:58 PM

The Ugly Side of Statins. Systemic Appraisal of the Contemporary Un-Known Unknowns
Nice paper here reviewing Statin usage.

We don't actually need Cholesterol lowering medications at all as Cholesterol isn't the problem. The problem is the circumstances that give rise to high cholesterol levels and those problems do need addressing.

Eating foods that raise blood glucose levels high and fast (refined carbohydrates, sugars, fructose) force the body to produce insulin and permanently high levels of insulin result in insulin resistance.

We can counter insulin resistance by improving insulin sensitivity

Magnesium intake decreases Type 2 diabetes risk through the improvement of insulin resistance and inflammation
There is an Inverse relationship between vitamin D status and insulin resistance

The deficiency of omega-3 fatty acids, impacts negatively on cognitive performance and brain structure, as a result of insulin resistance-associated cerebrovascular reactivity

Nocturnal melatonin secretion is independently and inversely associated with insulin resistance.

Combined with some basic advice on exercise and diet the ideas to improve insulin resistance are easily do able

The point is that NO ONE suffers from STATIN DEFICIENCY
Humans survived throughout the evolutionary process without requiring statins. But then we spend more time outdoors and had higher vitamin D levels.
We ate natural locally sourced real foods not processed junk and so everything we ate had more magnesium than is now the case.
Our omega 3 levels were higher not just because we ate fish more often but also because out meats were mainly grass fed not fattened intensively with pellets made from processed omega 6 rich grains.
Our exposure to light is much greater now so our natural melatonin levels are lower than for any time in human history.
We dpn't need Statins to fix the underlying problems. Restoring our natural anti inflammatory reserves, vitamin D3, Omega 3, magnesium and melatonin will be cheaper and produce fewer side effects.
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 05:54 PM

very informative......

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top