Join for free
Page 14 of 49 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 10:22 AM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 3)

With 'that time of year' being forced on you at every possible financial reason that can be thought of, shopping becomes a marathon mental task for those that just want their daily bread and milk. Rather than cope with waiting behind siege mentality shoppers who have to stock up for every eventuality that could happen in the one day that shops actually shut, we have to adopt various strategies to overcome this ever increasing annual phenomenon

Our shopping gets earlier and then earlier, which the closer we get to 'that time of the year' ends up sneaking out at dawn so you can be first for the doors opening. This in turn becomes a battle of wills between you and the store Hitler who has the power to open those doors. You check your watch, he checks his and seconds are slowly irritatingly counted down. Problem there is, watches tell different times.

And just when you think you have cracked it to get in and out..there will be someone in front of you with the obligatory items and fifty thousand money off coupons that they have been saving for 'that time of year'
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 10:49 AM

and Xmas used to such a nice time of the year in the old days!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
and Xmas used to such a nice time of the year in the old days!
Indeed it was a much loved and long awaited event, which because there is now only a couple of months apart from one xmas to the next, it has now been commercially spoiled.

Mind you I have learnt to cherish those few months in-between
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 01:47 PM

who's in charge around here - Pug; robert; Solo; Spitfire [o no not spittie] who is it FGS I am beginning to feel anxiety separation syndrome!!
solo
UK

20-10-2015, 01:57 PM

who's in charge around here - Pug; robert; Solo; Spitfire [o no not spittie] who is it FGS I am beginning to feel anxiety separation syndrome!!

There there gumbud

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

20-10-2015, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
There there gumbud

well that doesn't help me at all!!!
solo
UK

20-10-2015, 02:41 PM

well that doesn't help me at all!!!
All will be revealed in due course . In the meantime ...

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 02:35 AM

Well,at a guess,I'd say it'll be a man who THINKS he's in charge-but a woman who's ACTUALLY in charge. [not pointing any fingers,Solo - xxx]
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Well,at a guess,I'd say it'll be a man who THINKS he's in charge-but a woman who's ACTUALLY in charge. [not pointing any fingers,Solo - xxx]
Of course men are really in charge. I'm in charge of being bullied by my wife. I'm also in charge of having to eat dinners I don't particularly like, putting the toilet seat down when it's more convenient left up and mowing the lawn, whether I think it needs it or not, and.................

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 06:41 AM

Folks need to learn not to stand still, whilst everyone else takes one step backwards, don't worry GB, it's ok to feel "ASS" once in a while.

Page 14 of 49 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top