Join for free
Page 23 of 49 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 08:05 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 3)

I've been out searching the garage all afternoon.

I'm not a flowery person meself but the wife loved the flowers Gumbud, she loves blooms of every description, she says thanks for posting the video.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 10:21 PM

I have no idea who to credit this to, and I certainly never heard it before but I’d love to have a bottle of whatever he/she was drinking when he/she wrote it, I love it, try practicing it on your voice recognition device.

A fat hen
A fat hen, a couple of ducks
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs, five fat frivolous females
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs, five fat frivolous females, six simple simons sitting on a stump
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs, five fat frivolous females, six simple simons sitting on a stump, seven Sinbad the sailors sailing sailing the seven seas
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs, five fat frivolous females, six simple simons sitting on a stump, seven Sinbad the sailors sailing the seven seas, eight egotistical ecologists evaluating the earths expectancy
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs, five fat frivolous females, six simple simons sitting on a stump, seven Sinbad the sailors sailing sailing the seven seas, eight egotistical ecologists evaluating the earths expectancy, nine nude Nubian nymphs nimbly nibbling on gnats knuckles and nicotine
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs, five fat frivolous females, six simple simons sitting on a stump, seven Sinbad the sailors sailing the seven seas, eight egotistical ecologists evaluating the earths expectancy, nine nude Nubian nymphs nimbly nibbling on gnats knuckles and nicotine, ten, a skunk sat on a stump, the skunk thunk the stump stunk and the stump thunk the skunk stunk so the stinking skunk got off the stinking stump
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs, five fat frivolous females, six simple simons sitting on a stump, seven Sinbad the sailors sailing the seven seas, eight egotistical ecologists evaluating the earths expectancy, nine nude Nubian nymphs nimbly nibbling on gnats knuckles and nicotine, ten, a skunk sat on a stump, the skunk thunk the stump stunk and the stump thunk the skunk stunk so the stinking skunk got off the stinking stump eleven if you stick a stock of liquor in your locker it is slick to put a lock upon your stock, or some joker who is quicker is gonna trick you of your liquor if you fail to lock your liquor with a lock!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I've been out searching the garage all afternoon.

I'm not a flowery person meself but the wife loved the flowers Gumbud, she loves blooms of every description, she says thanks for posting the video.
whats flowers and garages got in common?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I have no idea who to credit this to, and I certainly never heard it before but I’d love to have a bottle of whatever he/she was drinking when he/she wrote it, I love it, try practicing it on your voice recognition device.

A fat hen
A fat hen, a couple of ducks
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs, five fat frivolous females
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs, five fat frivolous females, six simple simons sitting on a stump
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs, five fat frivolous females, six simple simons sitting on a stump, seven Sinbad the sailors sailing sailing the seven seas
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs, five fat frivolous females, six simple simons sitting on a stump, seven Sinbad the sailors sailing the seven seas, eight egotistical ecologists evaluating the earths expectancy
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs, five fat frivolous females, six simple simons sitting on a stump, seven Sinbad the sailors sailing sailing the seven seas, eight egotistical ecologists evaluating the earths expectancy, nine nude Nubian nymphs nimbly nibbling on gnats knuckles and nicotine
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs, five fat frivolous females, six simple simons sitting on a stump, seven Sinbad the sailors sailing the seven seas, eight egotistical ecologists evaluating the earths expectancy, nine nude Nubian nymphs nimbly nibbling on gnats knuckles and nicotine, ten, a skunk sat on a stump, the skunk thunk the stump stunk and the stump thunk the skunk stunk so the stinking skunk got off the stinking stump
A fat hen, a couple of ducks, three brown bears, four more chairs, five fat frivolous females, six simple simons sitting on a stump, seven Sinbad the sailors sailing the seven seas, eight egotistical ecologists evaluating the earths expectancy, nine nude Nubian nymphs nimbly nibbling on gnats knuckles and nicotine, ten, a skunk sat on a stump, the skunk thunk the stump stunk and the stump thunk the skunk stunk so the stinking skunk got off the stinking stump eleven if you stick a stock of liquor in your locker it is slick to put a lock upon your stock, or some joker who is quicker is gonna trick you of your liquor if you fail to lock your liquor with a lock!
say again??
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

05-11-2015, 02:22 AM

He is engraved in stone in the National War Memorial in Washington,

DC- back in a small alcove where very few people have seen it. For

the WWII generation, this will bring back memories. For you younger

folks, it's a bit of trivia that is a part of our American history. Anyone

born pre-WWII is familiar with Kilroy. No one knew why he was so

well known- but everybody seemed to get into it.

So who was Kilroy?

any guesses?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

05-11-2015, 05:52 AM

In 1946 the American Transit Association, through its radio program,

"Speak to America", sponsored a nationwide contest to find the real

Kilroy, offering a prize of a real trolley car to the person who could

prove himself to be the genuine article. Almost 40 men stepped

forward to make that claim, but only James Kilroy from Halifax,

Massachusetts, had evidence of his identity.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2015, 10:39 AM

Some riveting information for you .

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

05-11-2015, 02:09 PM

Well well, everyday is a schoolday, Kilroy kept the riveters on their toes, confused Hitler and helped win the war, bit of a superhero that lad. Thanks for the information folks.

That prompted me to look up another fella who’s name gets banded about a lot but I didn’t know where the expression came from.

The expression "Living the life of Riley" suggests an ideal contented life, possibly living on someone else's money, time, or work. Rather than a negative freeloading or golddigging aspect, it implies that someone is kept or advantaged.
The expression is of uncertain origin, and is first attested from around World War I, particularly in American servicemen. Various theories exist as to the origin, such as to an origin in the 1880s, a time when James Whitcomb Riley's poems depicted the comforts of a prosperous home life,[3] but it could have an Irish origin—after the Reilly clan consolidated its hold on County Cavan, they minted their own money, accepted as legal tender even in England. These coins, called “O'Reillys” and “Reilly's” became synonymous with a monied person, and a gentleman freely spending was “living on his Reillys”. (Wiki)
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

05-11-2015, 02:16 PM

well done solo you've won the booby prize or do you already have prize boobies??

and to end the story"

To help prove his authenticity in 1946, James Kilroy brought along

officials from the shipyard and some of the riveters. He won the

trolley car, which he gave to his nine children as a Christmas gift

and set it up as a playhouse in the Kilroy yard in Halifax, Massachusetts.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

05-11-2015, 02:29 PM

Good to see a nice happy ending for a change.

Page 23 of 49 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top