Join for free
Page 360 of 370 « First < 260 310 350 358 359 360 361 362 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2021, 09:26 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
It sure feels good to have a long and steady routine back in place. I am reeeeaaaalllly trying not to pay too much attention to pace and distance for fear of that competitive taskmaster in my head giving me too much grief .

Ha, yes, you get me on that Yorkshire program and I'll get you hard enough for some beach running on those cruises I know you and Mrs. OGF are looking forward to!

Five and something in this cold Kansas climate. Brrrrr.
I know a great beach Surfermom and I've been thinking about it more and more recently. As soon as I am allowed, I will be off like a shot.......What do you think?

PS:- According to the weather report it's going to be an interesting run in the morning.....Heavy rain turning to snow......Brrrrrrrrr..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 12:25 PM

That beach looked a lot further away this morning after a night of snow and a blizzard still blowing from the East, I decided to go for it anyway and slosh my way round a Tuesday Six.
It was hard work trying to run in the only tyre tracks I could find as a couple of inches of snow obscured the road. Puddles were invisible and every now and then I would splash through one sending a fresh surge of freezing cold water into my flimsy running shoe.

It was best to stand aside when encountering traffic, they were using the same tyre tracks that I was using. Fortunately, on this snow covered country road traffic was light, not many were brave enough to attempt driving on deep snow, at least not until the council had gritted it. So a slow time, but very enjoyable. At least I didn't wuss out of it like I did last time it snowed. It laid heavy on my conscience that one... I managed to entice Mrs Fox out of the warm house for the obligatory winter pose.....

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 04:29 PM

It takes a hardy soul to be out there with shorts, OGF. Quite remarkable! I know enough about running to know those legs aren't too terribly cold, but the photo sure makes them look that way! A bit conversely, my uniform this time of year is the opposite as with long running tights and jacket that is usually shed for a bare -armed running tank. Where we align is covering the ears and hands. No matter how much I run in cold temps, my hands are always freezing.

If one is going to run in snowy weather, that looks about as good as it gets with wet enough snow to give you a grip on the road, sidewalks and trails. I'm impressed with your personal victory to push back all apprehension and naysaying in your own head to get out there and enjoy it. Extremely well done!

Just back from my own 5.3 miles. Happily enjoying some of hilly country formed by the sixty-million-year old Great Inland Sea, I was distracted enough by the fossil beds to ignore my laboring quads.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 05:47 PM

I've not done anything today, im suffering 3 days later after working out with mr motivator! I forget im getting on now and I must have overdone it, my bum muscles are killing me when I walk
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 03:12 PM

I have a wiifit and use that mostly. I try and do my 10,000 steps throughout the day, but its hard not having anywhere to go and not having a garden either. I'm getting my bike fixed for the better weather so hopefully I'll be able to cycle further afield. (not on the roads though, I'm not on a deathwish!)
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've not done anything today, im suffering 3 days later after working out with mr motivator! I forget im getting on now and I must have overdone it, my bum muscles are killing me when I walk
Mr. Motivator has left you unmotivated? Aw, you'll get back in a couple of days. You might want to try some stretching?

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have a wiifit and use that mostly. I try and do my 10,000 steps throughout the day, but its hard not having anywhere to go and not having a garden either. I'm getting my bike fixed for the better weather so hopefully I'll be able to cycle further afield. (not on the roads though, I'm not on a deathwish!)
I have one of those too, but confess that it sits in my closet in favor of the great outdoors, but I have friends who love theirs. Good for you and welcome!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

I have one of those too, but confess that it sits in my closet in favor of the great outdoors, but I have friends who love theirs. Good for you and welcome!
Thanks for the welcome! Oh mine sat for 2 years pre-lockdown, and I'm grateful I didn't bin it! Can't wait until my bike gets fixed though, I prefer cycling to step counting!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-02-2021, 12:14 PM

Good Morning from Foxy's World......
Very misty and damp with standing water everywhere from the recent snowmelt. I set off slightly earlier to miss the traffic on my six mile run out into the country, but it seemed busier than ever. It was still dark as I left the village, and I was startled by the sound of a sleeping Pheasant as he cackled out a warning and flew off across an open field. I splashed on through the occasional puddle that stretched all across the road.

There was quite a lot of activity as I reached the river bridge and realised why there was so much traffic at this time in the morning. The river was reaching the top of the bank and was being observed by half a dozen environment agency blokes standing beside a collection of 4X4's.

I jogged on over the bridge being spurred on by a party of Rooks that squawked a good morning and totally obscured a telegraph pole and the wires leading to it. They must have remembered me from Tuesday. Nothing noteworthy to report after that, unless you count the time while trying to avoid a large puddle on the last mile home, and nearly being taken out by the door mirror of a speeding white van man.

I managed to arrive home safe but with a poor time, a very enjoyable run all the same..... I've decided that time is not going to be an issue in future.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

05-02-2021, 04:12 PM

Sounds chilly! I am ever surprised how many people are out and about on chilly grey days. What was the story on the environmental employees? Any guesses?

Cold and grey here too and managed a solid five miles yesterday with warm temperatures, but it's dropped twenty today. I can't wait until the days are inviting rather than picking a fight .

The birds are plentiful, but of different species - cardinals and robins, starlings and pelicans, but they are on the job with the same vigor.

Mud. Grrrrr.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 05:30 PM

I miss my swimming, I hate that the pools shut, and I'm stuck at home.

Page 360 of 370 « First < 260 310 350 358 359 360 361 362 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top