Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 04:19 PM

Re: Tattoos

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'm certainly not deadset against them
But I wouldn't have one myself

My eldest son has some on the top of one arm and shoulder
I wanted one ever since I was a Teen but there wasn't anything I fancied then except the black rose that all the biker lasses seemed to get. So I waited......and waited, over the years the designs got better and the artists got better. There are so many beautiful tattoos around now and we altered my original pictures and came up with what I have on my arms now. They are personal to me, especially the swan as I looked after a young one with a damaged wing and got quite close with it, he fed from my hand and grew to trust me. He hung around the farm for a lot longer than he should have but finally left to be with his own kind..
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Everyone to their own. Personally I like what I call nice Tattoos, and not ones that seem to run into each other and cover so much. I like to see space around the tattoo and to be able to see it properly. I waited for years before I got my two as they had to be just right. I have both in Celtic Art Form. A humming bird and a swan. Both are beautiful in my eyes and I'm very pleased with them. I can have them covered if I like as they are on each arm........Now waiting for the bithchy comments to arrive.

I doubt anyone will be bitchy to you Roxy, as you say, each to their own and if you love your tats then thats all that matters. My curiosity is why people want to get covered in them like a full sleeve. I did consider having a tattoo in loving memory of my darling beloved sister who passed away suddenly but I decided against it for two reasons, one being when I thought about it I realised she wouldn't have wanted me to get one and the other I'm such a cry baby!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Whilst not for me, even though me and mr missy always say we will get one each one day, I do think there is some really talented work out there

And I've been known to admire a fit young body with a sleeve on more then one occasion

Roxy, love the swan. Very tasteful and well done
you little minx you hehe
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

18-03-2018, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
yes,but I forget about them till someone asks,,they are sharks,on each shoulder blade,,im off now to have a look lol

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
and the other I'm such a cry baby!
It depends where you get them, Around the ankle would be very sore but on the arm wasn't bad at all. While I say that though....I did feel the needles and the swan was a but more ouchy as there was more filling in to be done than on the humming bird.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 04:36 PM

I wonder how many people who have very visible tattoos done when they are young regret it when they get older?

I remember seeing a guy on that ghastly Jeremy Kyle show who had a skull tattooed on his face, it look absolutely horrible and creepy. His kids didn't want him coming to pick them up from school as it scared other kids.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 04:41 PM

Its ok Men having quite big Tattoo's, but I think Women should only have small ones. I have a very small Tattoo of a Rose Bud, i've had it since 1984 just before I became Diabetic and its never faded.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 06:39 PM

I'm a great fan of Tattoo Fixers on More4 TV station. The artists on that show are very talented and produce some stunning tattoos, Jay Hutton in particular is the master of portraits. Sadly, I hear that he is leaving the show. It was Jay who tattooed the portrait of Diedre Barlow on the leg of staunch Corrie fan Martin Hett who died in the Manchester bombing last May.

I also watch the Ink Master series from the US where a group of tattooists compete against one another, one being eliminated from each round until only three remain who then compete against each other to win the title of Ink Master with a prize of $10,000 and a mention in the US's Inked magazine. This year the winner was a woman, the first in the series' eight year history.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I would divorce my husband if he had one done, and visa versa.

Seriously??
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Seriously??
Absolutely! There are certain things I wouldn't tolerate and that is one of them.

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top