Join for free
Page 480 of 487 « First < 380 430 470 478 479 480 481 482 > Last »
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 08:39 PM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (part 6)

Another lovely day, though it did go a bit chilly after lunch (sat on the patio and had to put a cardigan on). Have started doing cross stitch Christmas cards - well you have to start early don't you? But youngest grandson came over after lunch and we had some time playing Yahtzee.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 10:38 AM

Nice sunny one but not very warm.Just put some washing out and taken some cooked stewing steak out of the freezer. Will conjure something out of it for later.
Had a phone call from granddaughter in Auz . She has RP so slowly losing her sight . Her right eye just lost its vision ,poor kid (she is 32) .The Doc is going to remove a Cataract to see if it helps. She has also had most of her stomach removed to loose weight . She has lost 88kgs which is nearly 14 stone !! I cant believe it but she looks good in her photo . Will have to have loads of loose skin removed now which will cost . Wish i could help ,she is very alone over there
Keep safe xxx
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 06:53 PM

How long has your granddaughter been over there Jac? What is RP? Is she on her own out there. You must want to be with her.
Went down to Hay just after 8 am for a few bits and pieces - disgusted with the Co-op, half the shelves were empty. The staff were just starting to fill them up - I'm sure they used to employ shelf stackers overnight but they've obiviously stopped doing that. Came home and sat on the patio sewing, but I think I'm becoming "nesh" in my old age. (Radnorshire word meaning you feel the cold!) Foced to retreat into the conservatory - and close the doors about 3 pm! Really chilly wind .
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 04:09 PM

RP is Retinitis Pigmentosa. It means she will go slowly blind with with no cure as yet She has had it since her teens (33 now) She cant drive but still works in an office .She went to Aus when she was 5 with Mum and Step -Dad and a Sister was born a few years later . I visited them 11 times and she has been back twice. Her Dad is good to her but Mum doesnt bother . They have divorced and he has a new family. Doubt I,ll see her again.
Lovely day but not too warm . Laura just called with Tyler and his babny son ,My great-great grandson
Be safe xxxx
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 08:08 AM

Overcast this morning.
Not been feeling up to much for few days.Son no2 came for the weekend,that gave me a buck up.Had a lovely morning with the family yesterday went to Craig y Nos country park.
Must be worrying for you Jac with your granddaughter so far away.
Stay safe.
Jac
Wales UK

07-06-2021, 11:17 AM

Yes it is a worry when family are far away . Jodie married a woman a few years ago !! They then had a surrogate baby boy and the partner carried him .and Jodie was registered as a mum on birth cert as well . Crazy . The partner now wants a divorce and they are going to share the 3 yr olds care Jodie loves him to bits but will find it very hard to manage him alone .
Keep safe xxx
Sweetsue
midWales

07-06-2021, 02:03 PM

Oh Jac, I do feel for you with your granddaughter so far away and having rather more than her fair share of problems. How do you keep in touch - can she use a computer? I think there are voice operated programmes that could help aren't there?

I am shattered. Decided to strip my bed right down and hoover the mattress. Can't turn it on my own, that will have to wait until I can dragoon a family member with more muscle to help. Since we're just about into the silage season and shearing has already started, and youngest son is remodelling his house, that won't happen for a while. So I've done three loads of washing and removed a ton of cobwebs and am proposing to do sweeet f.a. for the rest of the day.

Glad you are feeling better Rhosyn, missed you.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 10:44 AM

Cloudy this morning but forecast is sun shine later.
Washing out on the line,kitchen floor washed so now it's coffee time.
My meat free day today(have one a week)Mushrooms on toast for lunch.
Stay safe.
Sweetsue
midWales

08-06-2021, 12:33 PM

Thinking about bringing the washing in - it surely is dry by now. Blowing lovely in the sunshine. My kitchen smells wonderful as I made a wholemeal loaf this morning. Often have meat free days Rhosyn, but it's a little piece of chicken today with carrots and broccoli. (Not much broccoli - had to throw out a whole head that had gone yellow on me!)

Had a long phone call from my cousin who lives in Gloucestershire yesterday. Her brother is in Swansea and we all usually meet up for lunch a couple of times a year. Just thinking about doing it again
Jac
Wales UK

08-06-2021, 12:39 PM

Hi ladies . Jodie does put pics and messages on Facebook and does live messaging plus phones reg so she keeps on touch . Wish i could help her
Nice day and I.m expecting my daughter plus granddaughter who lives in Liverpool and her 2 yr old boy so peace will be shattered lol
Be safe xx

Page 480 of 487 « First < 380 430 470 478 479 480 481 482 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top