Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 08:28 AM

Female type question !

Why do women of a 'certain age' cut their hair short and start wearing trousers all the time?

I was in the village post office yesterday and of the 10 or so females in there I was the only one in a skirt! I don't deny that trousers have their place in a woman's wardrobe, they are very practical. I wear jeans for gardening and decorating. I wear trousers for hiking/rambling, doing housework or just lounging around the house - but I wouldn't dream of going into town or anywhere 'smart' wearing them.

Most of the hair cuts in the post office yesterday were very short and almost manly - why?

What is so wrong with women looking like women ?

It is as though the menapause has suddenly wiped out any vestige of femininity.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 08:42 AM

Re: Female type question !

Have to agree with your post - noticed the same thing ....but then, I understood. Hair loses elasticity, becomes thinner, for some ladies - also longer hair needs more looking after. Shorter hair, needs less attention, especially if you want to cover the grey etc. But, why 'so' short ....I dont know, hot weather ? Some women really suit short cuts and can take years off, dont like short back and sides on them tho' .....
Trousers, I am not a fan, have to wear them in the winter tho' .....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:04 AM

Strangely, my daughter and I were talking of older women with long grey hair yesterday
Neither of us like it, on men either.
Surely menopause starts well before pension age.
I can't see anything wrong with women wearing trousers, and going shopping in town why is it necessary to wear a skirt?
Sorry Pat, but short hair needs a lot of attention, unless you are talking of a short back and sides.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:13 AM

I am a woman who always wears trousers. They are far more comfortable and I don't like to show my legs for all sorts of reasons. Also, I have trouble with my feet and find the sort of shoes that go with trousers much more comfortable. My hair is shoulder length, which I am happy with and if it's hot, I wear it up. Luckily for me it's not yet grey but it is thinning which I find sad. I have to wear a hat to stop my scalp from burning. I just really hope that I don't start growing a beard like my poor mother-in-law did.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Strangely, my daughter and I were talking of older women with long grey hair yesterday
Neither of us like it, on men either.
Surely menopause starts well before pension age.
I can't see anything wrong with women wearing trousers, and going shopping in town why is it necessary to wear a skirt?
Sorry Pat, but short hair needs a lot of attention, unless you are talking of a short back and sides.
I agree for me anyway - short hair is extremely difficult for me to handle.
But most women cope that I see ......
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:30 AM

I have short hair but not short short. It doesn't suit me to have long hair anymore my face has changed - I think - either that or I am getting old fashioned
I love cut off trousers in Summer and wear them nearly all of the time.
My skirts come out for Autumn and Winter wear as mine are quite long
and I buy that lovely thick material which keeps your legs warm as I don't wear tights ever. There does seem to be a lot of butch haircuts though laugh, don't know why?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:35 AM

I've always had short hair - but don't know why I wear trousers for casual things - more comfortable I find - but for dancing I always wear a dress or skirt and top.

Angie - I will break this to you very gently - sorry but the beard will come !
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:37 AM

My hair doesn't suit me cut too short, and have never worn it long either - it gets too bushy.
I'm not a fan of trousers either, have got them in wardrobe, but it's mainly skirts I wear.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

31-08-2013, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by valice ->
My hair doesn't suit me cut too short, and have never worn it long either - it gets too bushy.
I'm not a fan of trousers either, have got them in wardrobe, but it's mainly skirts I wear.
Thats the problem for me Valice, if my hair is too short - as I have curly hair, when I was younger I could have most styles and lengths. Its the 'land Army' look for me now ...
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 10:07 AM

I am definitely a trouser wearer. I find them much more comfortable. My hair is shortish but I wouldn't call myself anywhere nearly "manly". Just the opposite in fact.

I actually bought a couple of dresses this summer - but would only wear them in the garden.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top