Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 11:54 AM

Re: Car lights

[QUOTE=Mollie;335652]Sadly, most of these are indeed male drivers whom, I believe, to be more arrogant than women drivers but, having said that, I've seen some daft females as well!

QUOTE]

I think the same as you Mollie, the male drivers seem to be alot more arrogant and prepared to take risks. I also agree that there are some daft females as well, sometimes their stupidity seems to have more to do with being preoccupied eg.talking to the kids etc), than arrogance and bullying, but equally annoying and dangerous.
The other day I saw a van driver going round a very busy roundabout, trying to steer, change gear and signal, one handed while he was laughing on his mobile phone. Now that really bugs me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 12:09 PM

I have seen a fair few arrogant women drivers in the past few years too, also inattentive ones trying to do all sorts of things while they drive. So don't think we are any kind of saint where driving is concerned either
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 12:38 PM

Yeah, agree Julie, though never seen a woman "tail gaiting" on your back bumper like some blokes do. That is so dangerous, especially on motorways.
P.S. It's the women though, who are a nightmare parking outside my house to drop the kids off at school. I just think male and female drivers take different types of risks.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I have seen a fair few arrogant women drivers in the past few years too, also inattentive ones trying to do all sorts of things while they drive. So don't think we are any kind of saint where driving is concerned either
Not sure the insurance companies would agree with you - men take far more risks than women do.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-09-2013, 01:24 PM

That's what I would have thought too BV.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 01:29 PM

I HATE driving at twilight and after dark. Must be my age. I've been taking our dog Dora to training class on a Tuesday evening and been fine but now although it's still light going, it's darkish on the way home. Next Tuesday will be the last time I make the journey until next Summer. OH will be taking her instead.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
The thing that amazes me most though is people driving around in rain without switching on their headlights, which is the law.
I am puzzled by this statement Mollie......the highway code says ....You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet).

Not just 'because' it's raining, it depends on visibility.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-09-2013, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by angieh ->
I HATE driving at twilight and after dark. Must be my age. I've been taking our dog Dora to training class on a Tuesday evening and been fine but now although it's still light going, it's darkish on the way home. Next Tuesday will be the last time I make the journey until next Summer. OH will be taking her instead.

You are not alone there Angieh, my eyes are not good at night driving these days and I don't go out after dark unless its really necessary.
It's back to the earlier headlight discussion bit again, the dazzling lights get to me, and I'm sure it's a conspiracy that all the cars with badly misaligned headlights come out when I'm out.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

05-09-2013, 12:27 PM

I use bright white globes in my car,they are the brightest legal light you can use in Australia,according to the auto electrician who fitted them in Sydney NSW before i drove to Perth WA,they are not the Blue Tinge globes,just a pure white light,no "pun" intended but they are "brilliant"! lol.
As for blinkers you cant see in the daytime,well that is a nightmare,same as the ones that flash at 100 mph?
I like the LED lights now,at least the light does not seem to glare as bad as a globe.

Billy
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2013, 12:44 PM

I have more trouble with the glare of oncoming headlights while driving... BUT that is a problem with cataracts.. night driving gets dicey.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top