Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 08:01 AM

Saturday Good Morning

Morning folks, sunny here again this morning so just off out to the forest with the dogs and then back for coffee before a day of pottering and nothing much important..

Enjoy your day everyone.

Barry
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 08:19 AM

Re: Saturday Good Morning

Good morning
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 08:27 AM

Good morning.
A dull start here and chilly with the doors open
A day baking and a bit of housework, ready for family who are coming tomorrow.
Enjoy your day everyone.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Good morning all. Did you miss me yesterday? Whaddya mean, no? I went off to Bournemouth by coach ( on a sudden whim) to see the Air Festival. Had an urge to see my beloved Red Arrows again, and it was my first air show since losing Mum.

Bought a senior coachcard the day before, researched times and prices (1/3d off with the card, which cost a tenner, hope to go off on more jollies), then up at 6am, to get up to London for 9am.

Lovely ride down (and back actually), long walk to the beach (phew), but I did it on the cheap with my own food/drink, and a ground sheet to sit on the sand.

Got very cross with people walking right in front of me while filming, or one woman flicking her hair, but had a nice day.

Almost bought a brochure but thought £6 was scandalous.

Caught the 18.40 back, into London by 9, but after waiting for a bus at MY end of the tube, not home till after 10. Quick shower (had soooo much sand in my hair), very welcome cup of tea (water and coffee all day, and no didn't buy a drink out), decided to put washing on (very unlike me so late), finally in to bed 11.30.

Enjoyed my inpromptu trip to the south coast, but do ache today. Walked down to the beach from East Cliff, not realising that at first I was right by the cliff lift!! Only found out when the chap on the tannoy mentioned Red Arrows commentator had used it. Deffo used it to get back up!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:17 AM

mumbles
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:17 AM

Morning all! Blue sky, white fluffy clouds and breezy this morning. OH is out with the dogs and so the cats and I rule atm.!

Just off to see if there are any raspberries for me to have with my cereal.

Have a good day folks.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:21 AM

Good Saturday morning everyone. What a fab day out you had Jazzi. You deserve a rest today
I use a Senior Railcard as I prefer the train to the bus. Did have a National bus card and they are really good for £10 a year but didn't use it too much. The train card is £30 a year or I get a 3 year one for £70. I have just booked in advance a trip to Liverpool and even though its a 200+ mile round trip it cost me only £9.65 return.
Normally Alan would say I am off to Mansfield today but today its me saying that. I am of course going on the train.
Have a nice day all, the sun is shining and looks a nice day.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:39 AM

Good morning all. Enjoy your day
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:41 AM

Good Saturday morning all.

There's a definite Autumn nip in the air this morning.

It sounds like you have a fabulous day Jazzi. The Red Arrows are worth going for. I miss our annual airshow at Woodford which stopped a few years ago. We didn't need to go, we watched it from our bedroom window.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2013, 09:49 AM

Envious!

I have thought of getting a rail card but don't think the price can be justified. I'll think about it another time maybe. That trip price sounds excellent. Enjoy.

Oh and Rachel, seems you haven't quite woken up?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top