Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 08:56 AM

Is The RSPCA Still A Worthy Charity?

It is being claimed that 'The animal welfare organisation has badly lost its way under its new leadership' due its tendency to pursue legal action at quite a cost to the taxpayer.

I can't chop this article up, for cutting and pasting, without distorting the content too much.

So, my question is: if the RSPCA continues down this path, should they retain their charitable status?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/cou...-tendency.html
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 09:00 AM

Re: Is The RSPCA Still A Worthy Charity?

Can only say, I think there are more worthy charities and as the RSPCA reap in so much money, they hardly need the bit I could give them ......
Large charities get too big for their boots .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 09:12 AM

No I haven't been a fan for a while but when they closed their doors to rehoming dogs and dumped all that on smaller organisations they too a step too far IMO.

They are vastly rich unlike the smaller rescues and have made a decision to become a political organisation to the detriment of the animals IMO.

Also their policy of killing animals is quite shocking, they use any excuse to put healthy dogs and cats down.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No I haven't been a fan for a while but when they closed their doors to rehoming dogs and dumped all that on smaller organisations they too a step too far IMO.

They are vastly rich unlike the smaller rescues and have made a decision to become a political organisation to the detriment of the animals IMO.

Also their policy of killing animals is quite shocking, they use any excuse to put healthy dogs and cats down.
No true Julie, I think you are living in the past, the do rehome animals, they also foster them, just take a walk round an RSPCA centre and have a look.
They put Pit bull dogs down, because it is law, they put and dog considered to be dangerous to sleep, sick animals beyond hope are euthanised humanely.
They rehome many hundreds of animals a year, exotic animals and reptiles etc.
Oreo for instance has been at the centre for over two years, he was so timid he used to hide and shy away from folks, so he has become a dog that lives there.

Huddersfield and Halifax RSPCA
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 10:28 AM

Not true they do not take in dogs that need rehoming, they only deal with cruelty and neglect if you have a well loved dog you can no longer care for you have to seek a smaller rescue to help you, abandon it or PTS yourself.

We in smaller rescues are breaking under the pressure, and RSPCA's PTS policy means we are inundated with dogs that people are scared to hand to them.

And they take in vast amounts of money, leaving smaller rescues cash poor and struggling.

The TV shows they have done tell nothing but lies about them too.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 10:29 AM

While many of the local RSPCA branches (which have to be self-financing) are still OK, their head office is a disgrace and they have become little more than another animal rights group like PETA or ALF. I run a national breed specific dog welfare charity and I don't know a single person working in animal welfare who has a good word to say about the RSPCA.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

01-09-2013, 10:33 AM

Which breed do you rescue Mick ? we are small breed rehomers, mostly Chihuahuas come through our doors.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 10:48 AM

Siberian Huskies Julie - we've taken in and rehomed over 700 in the past 6 years.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

01-09-2013, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Siberian Huskies Julie - we've taken in and rehomed over 700 in the past 6 years.
Aww glad someone is looking out them, so many seem to be in the wrong hands these days. And such a beautiful breed too.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 10:56 AM

Like them or not, the RSPCA are the animals police force, they are the only organised agency going round who can save animals.
They clear the streets and countryside of sick and stray animals.
I would like to know what you think we would do without them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top