Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 09:40 AM

Meet Harvey Moon

Harvey Moon is a Pomeranian pup who is only happy when his fur is dyed a rainbow of colours according to his owner, Stephanie Miriam.

She claims that if he is left white, he becomes shy and withdrawn but when she dyes him electric blue or purple or green, he becomes an extrovert.

Decorum prevents me from typing what I would like to type but, what are your thoughts on this: harmless fun?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/purple-pome...5.html#BVzArBB
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

04-09-2013, 09:43 AM

Re: Meet Harvey Moon

I reckon she has got too much time on her hands!

Pity her kids if she has any,probably look like parrots with names to match! lol.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 09:50 AM

What the hell. The dog seems to like it so why not? The dye isn't harming him apparently. A pet is, I suppose, a life accessory so why shouldn't she dye him? Maybe a certain colour could calm an aggressive dog? Worth a shot anyway.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 09:58 AM

This was in the news a couple of weeks ago. Frankly I don't think it's the poor dog that has the problem, more a case of the woman who is attention seeking.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:09 AM

Not something I would do to mine but the dog isn't being harmed I would guess, and I have been known to dress mine up if they liked it, so can't really condemn her out of hand.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:52 AM

Damned stupid if you ask me!
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 10:55 AM

Does he match her shoes and handbag ? attention seeker is right I'd say!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 11:08 AM

I'm afraid these sort of owners make me extremely annoyed.
If the dog is truly "shy and withdrawn' it's more likely due to this stupid, self indulgent owner not having the common sense to help with her pet's problems in a more appropriate way. How can dying it a ridiculous colour and probably making it the laughing stock wherever it goes, help an already shy little dog feel better? How would you feel if you were forced to go out looking ridiculous, with fingers pointing at you, and strangers grabbing to touch you, especially if they were 6ft bigger than you as well? Is it any wonder this little dog want is withdrawn?
I know of someone who dyes her standard poodles orange/green/blues, for competitions, that's all about prestige for the human too, it doesn't do the dog any favours does it. I would be furious if anyone did that to mine.
She needs to get a hobby, and not let her dog be made a laughing stock.
I don't know what these dyes are made of, but I would also worry about my dog grooming himself and licking the stuff all the time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 11:44 AM

Talking of colours - I also heard a while back of another selfish creature who returned her dog to rescue because "it's colour didn't match her sofa".
I'm sure I would have been done for assault if I had worked at that rescue!
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 12:09 PM

***&&&???% expletives deleted

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top