Join for free
Page 16 of 28 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:49 AM

Re: Gina Miller Poking her Nose in again !!

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The state should make it easier for over 60s to find work rather than just increasing the pension age. Companies should be forced to take a quota of older people, rather than turning up their noses in favour of youngsters. Many pensioners like to carry on working if they can.
That would only mean that those coming up to retirement and the next generation would suffer and be expected to work on into old age. The older Boomers already retired and drawing a state pension wouldn’t go back to work, even if they were able to.

As the youngsters won’t get a state pension until they are 70, as well as making the state pension means tested I think those who have been getting it since they were 60 and 65 should have to repay what they got for those extra five or ten years., if they have assets, savings or property.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:59 AM

When I was young I could have gone to university free, nurses were trained free. We got a shared ownership council flat that meant we had a roof over our heads for a reasonable cost. My youngsters are paying through the nose for education, one had to go into the army to get a job, where I may add he's putting up with lack of equipment and too few soldiers.
If they want to get a home it's so expensive they might possible get a shared flat in an awful area if they save up a deposit.
I want better for them.

Coming out of the eu will help them IMO not harm them. We need to do a lot of things in this country and flooding us with European cheap labour hasn't helped so far, we can't make big changes we need within the Eu.

Also I am damned if I understand why anyone wants to become part of a United States of Europe, all little satellites of the whole. We used to be a proud independent nation it's shameful what we have become.

Also listening to the bile spat at us from Europe since we voted I am pretty certain we can't be worse off out as we weren't exactly welcome within.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
That would only mean that those coming up to retirement and the next generation would suffer and be expected to work on into old age. The older Boomers already retired and drawing a state pension wouldn’t go back to work, even if they were able to.

As the youngsters won’t get a state pension until they are 70, as well as making the state pension means tested I think those who have been getting it since they were 60 and 65 should have to repay what they got for those extra five or ten years., if they have assets, savings or property.
You're a bright ray of sunshine aren't you attacking pensioners just because they got their pension earlier. Well done I say just sad I have to wait I don't begrudge them theirs.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
When I was young I could have gone to university free, nurses were trained free. We got a shared ownership council flat that meant we had a roof over our heads for a reasonable cost. My youngsters are paying through the nose for education, one had to go into the army to get a job, where I may add he's putting up with lack of equipment and too few soldiers.
If they want to get a home it's so expensive they might possible get a shared flat in an awful area if they save up a deposit.
I want better for them.

Coming out of the eu will help them IMO not harm them. We need to do a lot of things in this country and flooding us with European cheap labour hasn't helped so far, we can't make big changes we need within the Eu.

Also I am damned if I understand why anyone wants to become part of a United States of Europe, all little satellites of the whole. We used to be a proud independent nation it's shameful what we have become.

Also listening to the bile spat at us from Europe since we voted I am pretty certain we can't be worse off out as we weren't exactly welcome within.
The bile has been mostly from the Brexiteers, spat at the EU. I think they have been remarkably tolerant considering the yobbish behaviour of Farage, Johnson et al and the way the UK is betraying them.

Yes, our generation had it easier than this one but that's not because of the EU or immigrants, it's because of the oppressive and cruel policies of our own governments, And you Brexiters have just given them a free hand to do more of that, without the protection of the EU on workers rughts, minimum wage, maternity pay, annual leave , sick pay etc. They will use the poverty Brexit causes as an excuse for more austerity and your vote has guaranteed that your children will lead a far worse, more impoverished and restricted life than they do now. The blame for that will be yours, well done.

Do you really believe that our problems are all down to the EU and blame the immigrants and not our own Governments? The changes you want could have been any time, it wasn't the EU that stopped them, it was lack of desire to do so. And now without the protection of the EU they'll have even less incentive to do so,

It is certainly shameful what we have become. A xenophobic, racist nation of Little Brexiters that betrays it's friends and allies to go cap in hand to countries like the US and China to lick their arse for trade deals, however bad their records on things like human rights.

As part of the EU we had more clout to change things. On our own, desperate for trade, you've condemned us to having to take what we can get, whoever it's from, forever the world's poodle. What's so proud or independent about that?
twizzle
somerset

18-02-2018, 10:31 AM

You're a bright ray of sunshine aren't you attacking pensioners just because they got their pension earlier. Well done I say just sad I have to wait I don't begrudge them theirs.
Why well done? What's well done about taking money from the state and making the youngsters work more years to pay for it?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:36 AM

Perhaps we could legalise burglary and mugging then you could go and teach those oldies a real lesson, although you come across as such a frightened little weasel you would probably get your ass kicked.

Any well rounded , civilised society looks after it's young and it's old and creates a positive environment for those in the middle, in the prime of life to express themselves, to prosper to succeed.
The UK, for all it's faults, is a peaceful, lawful society that has opportunity and wealth for anyone to make a successful life if they put the effort it.
You want it on a plate, given to you for nothing.

Leaving the EU will not affect any of that. In fact, will almost certainly create many opportunities for you.
Take the blinkers off and get involved!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:40 AM

The bile has been mostly from the Brexiteers, spat at the EU. I think they have been remarkably tolerant considering the yobbish behaviour of Farage, Johnson et al and the way the UK is betraying them.

Yes, our generation had it easier than this one but that's not because of the EU or immigrants, it's because of the oppressive and cruel policies of our own governments, And you Brexiters have just given them a free hand to do more of that, without the protection of the EU on workers rughts, minimum wage, maternity pay, annual leave , sick pay etc. They will use the poverty Brexit causes as an excuse for more austerity and your vote has guaranteed that your children will lead a far worse, more impoverished and restricted life than they do now. The blame for that will be yours, well done.

Do you really believe that our problems are all down to the EU and blame the immigrants and not our own Governments? The changes you want could have been any time, it wasn't the EU that stopped them, it was lack of desire to do so. And now without the protection of the EU they'll have even less incentive to do so,

It is certainly shameful what we have become. A xenophobic, racist nation of Little Brexiters that betrays it's friends and allies to go cap in hand to countries like the US and China to lick their arse for trade deals, however bad their records on things like human rights.

As part of the EU we had more clout to change things. On our own, desperate for trade, you've condemned us to having to take what we can get, whoever it's from, forever the world's poodle. What's so proud or independent about that?
I don't think you could be more wrong if you tried.

The EU are scared of British Independence and it's wider consequences.

It's quite funny that you are happy to see the EU lick Chinas ass???? As for the US's poor record on human rights. You need to explain what you mean.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-02-2018, 11:03 AM

Just watched the new leader of negotiations on BBC this morning, clearly scared we are going to be a success and doing everything he can to make us bend and stay within the various unions so we aren't in competition with Europe. If he was so sure we are doing wrong thing he'd be happy to let us go our own way and compete.

Came across as arrogant bully IMO and ever so slightly scared we might do better than Eu if we really were allowed free reign.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-02-2018, 11:06 AM

Immigration from poorer areas of Eu has brought down our wages massively. If you are in a better paid area you won't have seen what's happened down here at the bottom, we have seen an invasion not just immigration of economic migrants, they are younger fitter and willing to ignore all our working rights that were hard won by us. If they worked like that in their own countries they would have brilliant countries I keep thinking.
Moscow
Scotland

18-02-2018, 11:08 AM

Just watched the new leader of negotiations on BBC this morning, clearly scared we are going to be a success and doing everything he can to make us bend and stay within the various unions so we aren't in competition with Europe. If he was so sure we are doing wrong thing he'd be happy to let us go our own way and compete.

Came across as arrogant bully IMO and ever so slightly scared we might do better than Eu if we really were allowed free reign.
Absolutely right Julie.

An arrogant, dismissive and intransigent bully boy!

His negotiating stance is to frustrate the UK in order to create a political crisis here that would lead to a compliant UK Government.

Absolutely disgusting. I am now firmly backing a full Hard Brexit.

Page 16 of 28 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top