Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Robert60
New Member!
Tennessee USA
Robert60 is male 

17-11-2020, 01:17 AM

Re: Car Insurance Increase.

My car insurance is a 1000.00 dollars for one year here in Tennessee which is high I think because I'm 60 years old. Never had any speeding tickets and no accidents.
David P
South Oxfordshire
David P is male  David P has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2020, 01:56 PM

Re: Car Insurance Increase.

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Funny thing but I couldn't think what the date was so I put in the first of the following month on a comparison website with regard to renewing my insurance. It worked out to be nearly £150 cheaper! Double and triple checked - nope not wrong at all. When I checked the actual date it was only 3 days before the first of the month. I eventually took the insurance out with Tescos and on their website the same results. Obviously I waited a few days and saved myself a lot of money. Not sure what the moral of this is but another guy said he takes out loads of quotes and saves them all as the cost fluctuates daily, eventually picking the cheapest. Not exactly on topic but could help people save a few bob.
For the first time ever my renewal was £30 cheaper than the quote from the same company on Compere the Meerkat website.
It had increased though. According to a friend working in the investment industry, it is due to the trading value of the pound where the insurance companies invest their capital.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top