Join for free
Page 91 of 190 « First < 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 10:11 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Hi Bob ... what a dreadful time you, and especially Mrs Fox, are going through ... awful to see a loved one in that situation ... the old saying about creaking gates is very true.

Hugs to you both x
Thanks Myrtle, on the one hand it's nice to see a recovery, but if they send him home I think the worst is to come.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 10:39 PM

A very worrying time for you both Bob, good to hear he has improved a little. He is in the right place at the moment, they will look after him and they won't allow him home if they think he won't be able to cope.

Thinking of you all x
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Twink, and you are right about the diabetes connection.

Mrs Fox and I were advised to attend the hospital early this morning as her Dad had taken a turn for the worst. We were not expecting him to last the day out. We have spent the whole day there with him and during this time we had visits from the doctor who explained that the steroid treatment he was receiving for his loss of sight was responsible for the extraordinary rise in his blood sugar. His deterioration seemed to continue throughout the day despite him being intravenously fed with insulin, saline and dextrose, and after an ECG it was found that he had also suffered a Heart Attack.

Unable to convince Mrs Fox to come home where I would cook us some dinner, she elected to stay and continue her vigil. I left for home and didn't expect to find the old gentleman alive when I returned. But what a surprise, the colour had returned to his face, and he seemed a lot more coherent. We finally left the hospital at eight, and hope that his recovery continues.
We'll see what tomorrow holds.....
With the right care diabetes problems can be sorted very quickly, so maybe that contributed to his improvement. Just remind Mrs Fox that, if he manages to pull though all his problems he may need her help... so she must also look after herself.
I hope things go well today.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:15 AM

Hope you all are coping Bob, no words really is there? As I said previously old age is very cruel.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
With the right care diabetes problems can be sorted very quickly, so maybe that contributed to his improvement. Just remind Mrs Fox that, if he manages to pull though all his problems he may need her help... so she must also look after herself.
I hope things go well today.
She's too emotionally involved to listen to anything I say Twink.

Originally Posted by summer ->
Hope you all are coping Bob, no words really is there? As I said previously old age is very cruel.
Thanks Summer, life goes on.......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-05-2017, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
A very worrying time for you both Bob, good to hear he has improved a little. He is in the right place at the moment, they will look after him and they won't allow him home if they think he won't be able to cope.

Thinking of you all x
Thanks Mags, I'm hoping they keep him in a bit longer because Mrs Fox has been run ragged just lately....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-05-2017, 10:27 AM

Another early morning scramble when a six am the hospital rang and said he was having a bad time so I rushed Mrs Fox through but I returned home for my Tuesday morning run....
I know what you're thinking, but it's my way of coping.

Just rang up the hospital now and he's still hanging on so I'm off to see him.......
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 01:27 PM

I think it's good to stick to routine where possible Bob. Hope things are improving for you all. Take care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Another early morning scramble when a six am the hospital rang and said he was having a bad time so I rushed Mrs Fox through but I returned home for my Tuesday morning run....
I know what you're thinking, but it's my way of coping.

Just rang up the hospital now and he's still hanging on so I'm off to see him.......
It's such a worrying time for you all Bob
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-05-2017, 07:44 AM

Spent all day yesterday at the hospital again with Mrs Fox, no sign of improvement so Doctors decided to remove IV and stop taking stats every hour and just make him comfortable. Mrs Fox stayed the night. I've just called in now and he's still holding on.....So I'm just off for another day down the hospital....Thanks for support Mags and Val.

Page 91 of 190 « First < 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top