Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 03:17 PM

Re: your opinion please...................

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
Like Susan M, its not an issue for me and I don't think it should be. Thankfully, the younger generation do not seem to have inherited the homophobia of some older people.

I see a joke was made yesterday on the "gay marriage" threads about gays being "a pain in the bum". It makes you embarrassed for any gay people on this forum reading this rubbish.

Quite so.....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
Like Susan M, its not an issue for me and I don't think it should be. Thankfully, the younger generation do not seem to have inherited the homophobia of some older people.

I see a joke was made yesterday on the "gay marriage" threads about gays being "a pain in the bum". It makes you embarrassed for any gay people on this forum reading this rubbish.
Indeed it took an effort for me not to respond to that one, not funny and as you say how any gay members may feel about it makes me feel embarrassed too.
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 05:44 PM

Some people have no clue as to what a joke is or what is in good or bad taste, they have no clue.

As for political figures being gay, who cares, as long as they are the most qualified to do the job or any other job, then that is good enough for me.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2016, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Butterfly2013 ->
Some people have no clue as to what a joke is or what is in good or bad taste, they have no clue.

As for political figures being gay, who cares, as long as they are the most qualified to do the job or any other job, then that is good enough for me.

Why don't you enlighten us? Humour is subjective - what you find funny others wont, what I find funny others won't.
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2016, 03:02 AM

My opinion is that it will be a non-issue in years to come. Most people of my generation (born in the 30's) wouldn't have known what the word "homosexual" meant, at least in my world. The thought of two men or women marrying was, if it was even mentioned, beyond understanding.

Folks like us (my age) are rapidly leaving this earth for a better or worse place (lol) and the mindset that we grew up with will go with us. My kids, now in their mid to late 50's are far more tolerant and understanding than my generation, and my grandkids, in their 20's don't even bat an eyelash when the subject is mentioned and I'm glad to see them with this attitude. We're well into the transition period already and as we "dinosaurs" pass along, the problem will pass with us.

Note: Sadly there will probably always be a few religious nutcases who will hold out, but they will become the "odd" folks of the future. JMHO
frisbie
New Member!
Newcastle upon Tyne
frisbie is male 

15-03-2017, 09:07 PM

In a world that is still prejudiced against all minorities, many gay and bisexuals do not come out. There might well have been a covert gay leader in the past.
Remember it was a criminal offence a few years ago.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 09:12 PM

See, a newbie has dug up an old Thread again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top