Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 12:17 PM

Re: Friday 13th

It does not bother me at all-and you try typing with crossed fingers.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 12:19 PM

In the words of Jim Lovell

'It comes after twelve'

(He then went on to fly the ill-fated Apollo 13).
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 12:25 PM

No, I'm not superstitious, in fact it worked out to my advantage

My previous house was a not very well maintained, scruffy terraced house, and I had wanted to move for a while.
I was on a Housing Association's waiting list, but as a single man I wasn't very high priority
Then I was offered a flat much faster than I had expected, and it's very good; as nice as you could wish for.
The reason for the preferential treatment? It's number 13, and had been turned down for that reason by two prospective tenants before me. I've been here nearly 5 years now, with no problems at all.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 12:45 PM

Actually, even though I'm not superstitious, I had one of the worst days I'd had in a good long while on a Friday the 13th. I probably should not have gotten out of bed that day.

I don't normally work on Friday's. But an emergency came up and my boss called and asked if I would come in for a while. I said sure and got myself ready and jumped in my car and headed in. I backed out onto the street and started on my way. After turning the 1st corner, I ran over something in the street; I heard it clanking a few times before it finally fell off - I had run over and picked up (it stuck in my tire) someone's wrench or pliers or some kind of tool that was lying in the street. When I heard it fall off, I was thinking 'well that was weird' and continued on.

By the time I got onto the highway, my car began swaying back and forth and, at that point, I knew the tool had punctured my tire. It was going flat. I had no choice but to pull off into the middle median and call a tow. But while waiting for the tow, I was terrified - a sitting duck in the middle of the highway with cars and huge trucks speeding past me in both directions. I also called my boss and told him I wouldn't be in after all, that I had to take my car back to my end of town and get a new tire.

Fast forward, the tow truck took me to a used tire place. Found a nice one, the guy put it on, then tells me they take only cash, no credit cards. I had no cash. But he trusted me to run to the bank to get the money to pay for the tire. On my way to the bank, turning a corner, I nearly ran down a homeless guy that walked in front of my car. Then at the bank, the machine spit my money out too fast for me to grab and it hit the ground. So I'm now in the parking lot chasing my money down because it was windy that day. Some guy in the car behind me got out to help, which was very nice of him.

I went back to the tire place and gave the guy his money. I think he was a little shocked that I even came back. He probably didn't expect me to. He had no identification of mine, I could have easily went on home with a free tire. But I wouldn't do that because I'm an honest person and I would never steal from anyone. He smiled huge when he saw me and thanked me for coming back. I said, "Of course I came back, you helped me out and I still owed you for the tire."

So that was the GOOD part of my day. Needless to say, I went directly home and stayed there.

Coincidence or curse?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 03:01 PM

Not really, but must admit I try to be careful about things I do.
Still the good news we don"t have another till October.
Tee Hee
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Aah, what's the matter Floydy you having a bad weak?
Come and talk to Auntie Mups, we'll sort it for you.

It doesn't bother me, my birthday wass 13th (last month) and sometimes it has fallen on a Friday, so I'm used to it.
Many moons ago, I had a flutter on a horse on holiday in Devon, it was no. 13 and it won.
Just worried about my mum, Mups.

I was born on the 13th too (October), but it was a Wednesday all those years ago. I'm not really superstitious tbh, it's just a bit of a bad January this time around.
Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, You'd never get your arms around Floydy's impressive torso! Now that would be unlucky for you!!
Oh I reckon she would, lol. I never turn down a big hug.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 04:23 PM

This Friday is the 13th.

Does it bother you?
Nope! Being superstitious is unlucky!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 06:09 PM

This Friday is the 13th.

Does it bother you?
Not in the slightest Mups
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 06:17 PM

This Friday is the 13th.

Does it bother you?
Nah...This year can only get better!
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2017, 06:22 PM

I say I am not, but I am.
Whenever someone comes into our office on a rainy day and puts their brolly up to go back out while still inside, I touch my bosses head. He hates me.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top