Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 03:15 PM

Re: Does Anyone Want To Talk About Gall Stones?

Art I know a lot from my sisters experience, but I will phone you as it will take too long to type.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes, l did ask! Realspeed.
You have been through so much with your health and it's now l understand why you are spending all your money on new cars!

At least now, it is keyhole surgery and not major surgery as it was years ago. The doctor said there is a waiting time of 63 days to see a consultant.
Only spending A small amount of our extreme wealth on new cars, expensive cruises as well don't forget.
No point in not skiing (spending kids inheritance)

Worked hard for about 55 years and now going to enjoy what was earned
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 03:52 PM

I have been having tummy troubles lately and the doctor did blood tests and sent me for a scan.
The blood tests were normal but the scan has shown l have lots of gallstones and some are big!
I think it is a family thing as both my mother and sister had their gallbladder taken out.
The doctor said l can carry on as l have or go to see a consultant at the hospital and has given me a letter of referral.
Decisions, Decisions!

Do you have gallstones? Have you had your gallbladder removed or do you just live with the gallstones?
My Daughter had her Gall Bladder removed, a couple of years ago. They did keyhole surgery & she is fine now.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My Daughter had her Gall Bladder removed, a couple of years ago. They did keyhole surgery & she is fine now.
it is truly an amazing operation now, they do ask a large person to slim down before the operation .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 04:23 PM

Yes, same here realspeed, I had mine out. I went into Harrogate General Hospital at 7.30am and I was home by 2pm a few days to get over it ... no problem.

Only have them out though Art if they are giving you problems my surgeon told me everyone of a certain age has gall stones and they are not a problem for everyone. No point in having surgery unless you need it.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 04:26 PM

I have been having tummy troubles lately and the doctor did blood tests and sent me for a scan.
The blood tests were normal but the scan has shown l have lots of gallstones and some are big!
I think it is a family thing as both my mother and sister had their gallbladder taken out.
The doctor said l can carry on as l have or go to see a consultant at the hospital and has given me a letter of referral.
Decisions, Decisions!
I would have the operation, especially as it's keyhole surgery.

Whatever you decide, best wishes .....
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 04:37 PM

Eliza, I think the doctor said some of mine were 0.7? Is that big for a gallstone?
looking on the net it says up to 0.4 can be passed , 0.7 seems will not .So you must follow the advice of your Doctor.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
looking on the net it says up to 0.4 can be passed , 0.7 seems will not .So you must follow the advice of your Doctor.
Eliza, Now l wish l hadn't asked! I wonder if they can dissolve them?
I feel like l have aliens living in me!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 04:55 PM

My daughter in law has just had hers out last Monday and though she was nervous (we all were!) it turned out not to be as bad as she was expecting. She hasn't even had to give up feeding baby!
In at 8.30 am and home for tea!

She said she was a bit sore etc but that's only to be expected.

She says that the thought of not having that awful pain any more, and it was awful all through her pregnancy poor love, makes her so happy!!

Gall stones can be very beautiful apparently!!
No these aren't hers!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	gallstone-parure.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	2705  
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
My daughter in law has just had hers out last Monday and though she was nervous (we all were!) it turned out not to be as bad as she was expecting. She hasn't even had to give up feeding baby!
In at 8.30 am and home for tea!

She said she was a bit sore etc but that's only to be expected.

She says that the thought of not having that awful pain any more, and it was awful all through her pregnancy poor love, makes her so happy!!

Gall stones can be very beautiful apparently!!
No these aren't hers!
ruthio, l bet my stones are ugly, misshapen things only fit for keeping pastry from rising!

I'm glad your daughter in law's operation went well and she's feeling much better!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top