Join for free
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 02:53 PM

Re: Brexit - Public's Views

And that's part of what I'd like to see changed, work together on NHS and education policing etc we all really want the same thing, healthy, well educated decent people a cross party approach stop swinging one way and another with if all.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 03:00 PM

Hi

I must admit that I am somewhat at a loss as to the need to change our Passports on leaving the EU, or as to why we need to change our software.

It is perfectly capable of differentiating between UK Passports and all other Passports.

The issue will not be with our Passports, it will be EU Citizens who will have issues.

They are currently allowed to travel to the UK without a Passport, they can simply use their National ID Card, which is a very basic document, not as sophisticated as a Passport or foolproof as a Passport.

Once we leave, a critical part of our systems to control migration will be to require EU Citizens to have a passport, not just an ID Card.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 03:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa3sJTX-W_4

I live about 20 miles from farm land-your food is picked is by those who are often despised. But they do the work I see so often shunned by those who take the dole-the ones who say `kick them buggars out`

Just refugees? Plus ca change
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa3sJTX-W_4

I live about 20 miles from farm land-your food is picked is by those who are often despised. But they do the work I see so often shunned by those who take the dole-the ones who say `kick them buggars out`

Just refugees? Plus ca change
Hi

I also live in a Rural Area, the only unemployed in the Village were born and bred here and who choose not to work.

I am excluding those to ill to work.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I must admit that I am somewhat at a loss as to the need to change our Passports on leaving the EU, or as to why we need to change our software.

It is perfectly capable of differentiating between UK Passports and all other Passports.

The issue will not be with our Passports, it will be EU Citizens who will have issues.

They are currently allowed to travel to the UK without a Passport, they can simply use their National ID Card, which is a very basic document, not as sophisticated as a Passport or foolproof as a Passport.

Once we leave, a critical part of our systems to control migration will be to require EU Citizens to have a passport, not just an ID Card.
The EU will also be changing their systems to remove our free movement so part of the wider brexit project.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

04-04-2017, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The EU will also be changing their systems to remove our free movement so part of the wider brexit project.
Hi

I appreciate that, but it does not require any changes to our Passports which are fully compliant with all International Protocols.

We will need a Visa to visit the EU, EU Citizens will need a Visa to come here under the plans being talked about..

It is no great shakes.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 06:35 PM

I'd like to see our passports changed. I don't want a passport which includes the words, European Community, or whatever they call themselves this week.

All it needs is a change of wording. A change of colour would also be nice!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 06:39 PM

The funny thing is that de la rue are working on a paperless passport.so blue maroon or rainbow itcouldbe obsolete in a few years.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2017, 06:46 PM

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...s&utm_campaign

I wonder, if and when that happens, whether the EU mandarins will be demanding 50 billion from each of those countries.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-04-2017, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The funny thing is that de la rue are working on a paperless passport.so blue maroon or rainbow itcouldbe obsolete in a few years.
A credit card-type format would be good. It could go in my wallet and store all necessary information in a magnetic strip or a chip.

But no mention of the EU, please. We are going to take our

FREEDOM!

Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 10 11 12

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top