Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 08:04 AM

Deportation plane protests

Protesters caused Stansted airport to be closed for a short time.
It appears they were protesting of deportation of illegal immigrants back to Africa .

Firstly where do these protesters come from ?
Don't they have jobs ?
Secondly I don't know what to think about sending back gay people . Surely that is unprovable anyone could say they were gay in order to stay in the uk.
Not that I blame anyone for not wanting to go back to places like Nigeria

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7655036.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 09:22 AM

Re: Deportation plane protests

The gay thing is hard to prove, they accept anon going relationship but if you are in a country where being gay gets you killed you are hardly going to be out and proud.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Firstly where do these protesters come from ?

Don't they have jobs ?
They come from out of the woodwork.

No, they don't have jobs. They can't have as they seem to be 'parading' all the time. Being on benefits will provide them with plenty of time for their 'activities'.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 10:10 PM

It was by a group called Lesbians and Gays Support the Migrants highlighting the fact that serious stories about deportations are being buried by the media, while less relevant news stories float to the surface and make a stink that distracts the public.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 10:34 PM

I take it you are against the deportation of illegal immigrants.

Do you think we should let anyone and everyone into our country? Yes, of course we can afford to feed the world, can't we?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I take it you are against the deportation of illegal immigrants.

Do you think we should let anyone and everyone into our country? Yes, of course we can afford to feed the world, can't we?
I'm against news being buried by the media. You're making grand assumptions about the rest of what you say.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-03-2017, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm against news being buried by the media. You're making grand assumptions about the rest of what you say.
I read between the lines.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

29-03-2017, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I read between the lines.
You need new reading glasses!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-03-2017, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It was by a group called Lesbians and Gays Support the Migrants
Hmmm. That sounds a bit exclusive.

I wonder how the transexuals and bisexuals feel about that.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 03:35 AM

Who knows? They may have jobs but thought it important enough to raise awareness, so took a day's holiday from work or took some flexitime owed.

What worries me is how did they all manage to get that close to an aeroplane, without going through any security procedures?
I don't know how many there were but I read that 17 were arrested - if they could all get onto the runway, then what's to stop terrorists getting in?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top