Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 01:38 PM

Re: The EU and Russia.

I hope that coffin isn't soggy cardboard and it's durable wood veneer.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
it floats.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2017, 07:36 PM

Who cares!.....
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 10:37 AM

Sorry flicker but your grasp of world affairs, politically and militarily, isn't actually that astute.
I've doubted it, even if you haven't ... since you suggested your solution to the Syrian war ... with or without Russian involvement.

1) Totally empty Syria of all Syrians, who will be airlifted to Europe (over 20 million of them).

2) Who will be given refugee status and kept in board and lodging throughout the EU whilst NATO go in and bomb the crap out of Syria until the war is ended. A major cleansing. No Assad left, no regime troops, no ISIS or other extremists left standing. Maybe just the odd camel. and an old Russian plane destined for a new museum or exhibit in a Centre of Cultural Excellence.

3) All the 20 million odd refugees are then ferried back to the dead, destroyed warzone, en masse, funded financially by the charitable world (mainly the EU) who will pay for the massive rebuilding projects, thus providing all the newly returned refugees with jobs for life.

4) And everyone lived happily ever after.
Are you seriously suggesting that the idea of emptying a country is at all possible???
Are you so daft to take the above seriously??
Do you really think this is the way the world works??

I have to ay you do provide comic relief however. You re so keen to diss me that you betray your utter lack of the ability to comprehend the written word.
I do suppose it is too much to ask you to understand sarcasm and parody though.
I don't know why they let some of the population vote for anything.

Now do you have anything worth while to say about the subject??? NO? As usual then.

The subject is the EU and Russia. Do the OP a favour and stop hijacking it.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 12:42 PM

Are the French farmers still rioting, sorry protesting, in an attempt to overturn the sanctions against Russia?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Are you seriously suggesting that the idea of emptying a country is at all possible???
Are you so daft to take the above seriously??
Do you really think this is the way the world works??

I have to ay you do provide comic relief however. You re so keen to diss me that you betray your utter lack of the ability to comprehend the written word.
I do suppose it is too much to ask you to understand sarcasm and parody though.
I don't know why they let some of the population vote for anything.

Now do you have anything worth while to say about the subject??? NO? As usual then.

The subject is the EU and Russia. Do the OP a favour and stop hijacking it.
You can have last say on this one. You posted similar yesterday to which I replied and it was removed and as I don't feel like typing it all out again .... your words of usual ineffing ..sorry, ineffable wisdom can wind this one up.
But you did, and quite seriously, suggest evacuating the whole of Syria. Backpedal all you want if it salves your ego.

Psst .. I never vote. I could never figure out how to get a crucifix in the box or why playing noughts and crosses should even be necessary on a ballot paper.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 02:28 PM

You can have last say on this one. You posted similar yesterday to which I replied and it was removed and as I don't feel like typing it all out again .... your words of usual ineffing ..sorry, ineffable wisdom can wind this one up.
But you did, and quite seriously, suggest evacuating the whole of Syria. Backpedal all you want if it salves your ego.

Psst .. I never vote. I could never figure out how to get a crucifix in the box or why playing noughts and crosses should even be necessary on a ballot paper.
Why not follow my advice, and the advice of others, and ignore her?

All she achieves is to annoy people. Don't be one of them.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

16-04-2017, 02:36 PM

Aye, you're right.

But she's right about one thing ... I can struggle to comprehend the written word when it's written like the above.

It's like Countdown ..... give us a consonant and either an apostrophe or a vowel please.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 02:53 PM

Aye, you're right.

But she's right about one thing ... I can struggle to comprehend the written word when it's written like the above.

It's like Countdown ..... give us a consonant and either an apostrophe or a vowel please.
What you, and any other reader of her trash, needs is a cryptographer.

Funnily enough, I'm just watching 'The Imitation Game', an excellent film about Alan Turing. It was on Channel 4 yesterday.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2017, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Excellent posts Swim and JB....
For some time now I have felt that our governments treatment of Putin, and Russia has been very unreasonable and spurred on by the USA. Most Russians have an infinity with the UK after we sent convoys of ships carrying supplies and munitions through the blockade of enemy U boats.

Everything I see and read in the media seems hell bent on convincing the general public that the Russians are our enemy and should not be trusted. I feel like I'm being manipulated, and that clown Boris certainly does not speak for me.
Good posts from all three of you SF, JB & GF.

I am of the same opinion as yourselves.
I believe the “chattering class” lefties have finally lost the plot with their “Russian Conspiracy Theory”. It seems that ever since we bruised their beloved EU by 17m angry Brits voting to leave, followed then by Hilary being beaten by the Don, they have gone absolutely over the top with their conspiracy fairytale.

Just look at the slurs aimed at Donald Trump, He’s been called names such as “Putin’s Puppet”, “an unwitting agent” and I read somewhere that the New York Times even referred to him as “A Siberian Candidate”.
Just because the saying of Politicians both here and the USA seems to be “It's highly likely” that Putin interfered in the US Elections, the liberal elite in both countries delight in taking it at face value as being the gospel truth, when it fact, their favourite saying - “it’s highly likely” - means nothing more than “I haven’t got a shred of evidence, but I feel it in my water”.

These people really believe that Putin made Brexit happen? They don’t have a clue what happened but are happy to peddle the lie that they do. These are the same people who have always held themselves up as champions of logic yet are now ready and willing to peddle paranoia.

Until someone brings forth cast iron evidence of such, I will put it down to the ramblings of the liberal elites who still haven’t picked up the toys they threw out of their prams at the two above results.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top