Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 11:58 AM

Knee pain

Just wondering if anyone has the same problem as me and if so how do you ease the pain?
A few weeks ago from out of the blue i started getting really bad pain in my left knee so went to the Dr and he gave me a prescription for Co-Codamol and also made an appointment for an x-ray. I had the x-ray and they could find nothing wrong with my knee!! So how come i am getting all this pain? It is worse at night because im forever trying to find a comfy place to lay my leg without it aching.
I have tried all the gels on the market none are any good also tried a T.E.N.S. machine that made the pain worse Ibuprofen do help as do the Co-Codamol but was just wondering if any of you have the same problem?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 12:04 PM

Re: Knee pain

Have you tried Chilli paste or Turmeric tablets ?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 12:09 PM

You can get Co-codomol over the counter, but its not the strongest. Ibruprofen is an anti inflammatory, so it suggests muscle damage or strain, these can take ages to heal. perhaps trying cold packs or i use an Ibuprofen gel direct on the area. I think Twink will no more than me.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 12:11 PM

Try a hot water bottle on your knee, it works for me.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Have you tried Chilli paste or Turmeric tablets ?
nope not tried them but trying TRILPLE FLEX and VITAMIN D+ but the pain is still there. Have also been taking cod liver oil for sometime as well.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK

24-04-2017, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Try a hot water bottle on your knee, it works for me.
Hi basser i do that as well as a cold one from the freezer it stops the pain for a short time but soon comes back with a vengeance.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 12:17 PM

My X-rays never show anything much up but the pain is very real, that's led to my GP and rheumatologist to say it's arthritis of the type that comes from simple wear and tear. All they offer is anti inflammatories like ibuprofen, but sadly I'm allergic so I'm taking cocodomol and tramadol, I don't recommend that combo as it can lead to epilepsy but if you can take ibuprofen I'd say that along with cocodomol is likely what they will put you on if yours is like mine.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK

24-04-2017, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
You can get Co-codomol over the counter, but its not the strongest. Ibruprofen is an anti inflammatory, so it suggests muscle damage or strain, these can take ages to heal. perhaps trying cold packs or i use an Ibuprofen gel direct on the area. I think Twink will no more than me.
Hi Nom i have tried all types of gels none work for me one even gave me a very bad rash on my knee which constantly itched.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Hi Nom i have tried all types of gels none work for me one even gave me a very bad rash on my knee which constantly itched.
I sympathize Doc, could you not Codeine from your GP, It worked or me btcan contribute to constipation so take something like Senna or Dioctyl to help.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 12:21 PM

Try gently massaging your knee.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top