Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 02:37 PM

Re: Knee pain

You could hit your toes with a large hammer, the pain from the knee well be forgotten as the toes will hurt worse eliminating the knee pain
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2017, 02:54 PM

I'm wondering if it could be the onset of arthritis Doc, Mr Mags has suffered knee pain for many years and now he finally has an appointment for a knee replacement in July.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Hi Meg. The pain is on the right side of my knee there is no swelling. The pain is a constant throb only goes when i have taken medication. Sometimes when im walking the dog i wonder how i manage to get round the country lanes but i do it somehow.
Sounds exactly like mine. No problems at all with my right knee but the left gives me some right gip especially if I'm up and down ladders. I've taken to wearing a knee support during the day and treat the pain with Ibuprofen, co-codamol doesn't work and Diclofenac (now prescription only), though it works, can damage the heart, liver and kidneys if taken for a long time.

An X-ray didn't show up any problems which I thought strange as I broke my kneecap a few years ago after falling from a ladder so it looks like I'm just getting old and decrepit and suffering from a touch of arthritis
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 01:03 PM

I went into Poundland and spied two jars of Oriental Balm for £1 have been rubbing this into my knee front and back and it has really helped with the pain. So anyone out there suffering please try it you never know.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Sounds exactly like mine. No problems at all with my right knee but the left gives me some right gip especially if I'm up and down ladders. I've taken to wearing a knee support during the day and treat the pain with Ibuprofen, co-codamol doesn't work and Diclofenac (now prescription only), though it works, can damage the heart, liver and kidneys if taken for a long time.

An X-ray didn't show up any problems which I thought strange as I broke my kneecap a few years ago after falling from a ladder so it looks like I'm just getting old and decrepit and suffering from a touch of arthritis
I went into Poundland and spied two jars of Oriental Balm for £1 have been rubbing this into my knee front and back and it has really helped with the pain. So anyone out there suffering please try it you never know.
There you are Judd! Would you like Mups and I to come round and rub it in for you?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
There you are Judd! Would you like Mups and I to come round and rub it in for you?
Funny how pain can head north at the mention of a rub.

go for it, Judd
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Funny how pain can head north at the mention of a rub.

go for it, Judd
I have something a little stronger for you Tpin, but no excuses that you have a headache!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 01:34 PM

that's handy to know...cheers doc.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't think you're supposed to use a wire brush to rub it in so no thanks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2017, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I don't think you're supposed to use a wire brush to rub it in so no thanks.

Chicken.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top