Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 12:12 AM

Re: Vaccinations

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Hi Annie.

Not going to debate the facts on the Flu jab here as it's been done numerous times on other threads. If you want the facts look up those threads and go read the Cochrane Library controlled studies which will tell you the Flu Vaccine is snake oil, useless, and just a money making machine.
Thanks I've just checked that. If you save one elderly or vulnerable individual from flu by vaccinating a far larger number of healthy individuals then you are saving that person's life. The main issue isn't with people like me who survive but those with chronic conditions etc. So when I get vaccinated I also think of my elderly mum who refuses to be. The study found there are no adverse effects so that association is psychological. They can never predict the most virulent strains, it's guesswork. That's the weakness in the approach. Hopefully someone will find a way to combine a vaccine with multiple strains.

Recent research is starting to uncover far more about the behaviour of infectious diseases. So maybe we are on the verge of discovering a completely revolutionary way to approach prevention. Yes I can imagine that it would not be in the interests of some organisations to encourage such research. I'm sure for every bit of progress there is someone whose self interests leads to blocking it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 05:41 AM

Hi

If you choose not to have your child vaccinated , that is your choice.

If your child then contracts the illness the vaccine would have prevented, then you must be charged the full cost of treatment.

It was your choice, you pay, not the rest of us.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 09:04 AM

That's an interesting idea swim, what worries me is the people who can't have vaccines for medical reasons they've relied on most people being vaccinated to stop these diseases becoming endemic again.

I don't understand anyone risking their child's life if a vaccination could save them ? Just doesn't seem completely sane to me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I've just realised this morning chatting at the school gates that grace and two others are only ones in her class had all her vaccinations ! That worries worries me hugely we only got rid of a lot of nasty diseases by vaccinating large numbers of us.

What's gone wrong with us no one seems to trust our doctors who tell us what vaccinations we need and prefer to look at internet blogs by goodness knows who ?
Good for you Julie Grace is going to be one of the lucky ones who received the newly available HPV vaccine to prevent ovarian cancer. So many young womens lives have been lost to ovarian cancer it is wonderful to think that many will now be spared.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 02:23 PM

Yes I was hoping we may see that eradicated but attitudes are getting in the way sadly. Condemning the kids to possible death
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 03:08 PM

When I said Mum didn't believe in vaccines, she also didn't have us christened. Do you think perhaps I wasn't wanted?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-04-2017, 03:09 PM

Not at all I think these mums actually think they are doing the best and love their children very much. It's just they are believing the wrong people and endangering other people.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good for you Julie Grace is going to be one of the lucky ones who received the newly available HPV vaccine to prevent ovarian cancer. So many young womens lives have been lost to ovarian cancer it is wonderful to think that many will now be spared.
Isn't that to prevent cervical cancer?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Thanks I've just checked that. If you save one elderly or vulnerable individual from flu by vaccinating a far larger number of healthy individuals then you are saving that person's life.
This is a tenuous argument because it fails to understand and quantify the countless other people whose health IS damaged by having the flu jab. You must uinderstand here that attempting to bring the Big Pharma corporates to justice is a virtually impossible thing to do. You would be whitewashed and sued very quickly and otherwise conveniently "removed". So ANY issue of health and health cures you start to research MUST be done in the understandng of the situation. The understanding that the Big Pharma corporates own the health services, own the politicians, and all the subsidiary health organisations down the chain.

What the Cochrane Report did is go as far as it dared in bringing real peer reviewed data to the public. It essentially said that the Flu Vaccine is a scam, snake oil, it helps approx 1 in 100 people and that is NOT a viable business model or a viable product IF in doing so you are injecting people with a cocktail of chemicals which include Thermirosal (mercury), one the most toxic substances to the human body.

If you keep researching you will also find a number of very respectible doctors and high ranking health officials who also went as far as they dared go. Note that not one of them would go so far as to accuse Big Pharma of knowingly poisoning the populous. They would be quickly sued, struck off and that would be the end of their career. Nevertheless if you search you will find testimonies where these qualified peers will say:

"The flu jab appears to have very questionable impact and success. On that basis I can not understand why so many $billions are being invested in the production of it, in the advertising of it, in the internal management training push of it when there are so many other areas, far more important, that require such funding, such as mental health"

You have to read between the lines here. These are high level health peers basically saying the same as Cochrane. That the flu jab is a Big Business scam whose existence serves only to generate HUGE profits for Big Pharma execs and does so to the detriment of funding for more deserving health areas.

Going back to your pretext that the vaccine may have some merit if it only saves one person's life. It should be plain imo that such a concept is a nonsense. If Big Pharma is prepared to put so much effort, time and investment in pushing this flu jab, when they all know it has no meaningful effect whatsoever, then how are we to trust them?

Isn't their purpose to improve health? Yet here they are engaging in big buisness selling of snake oil. It's a huge corporate machine. They train people, they incentivise NHS staff with bonus schemes to get as many people to take up the vaccine as possible. They even ran a purposeful "Campaign Of Fear" using the media to put out disinformation to make vulnerable and elderly people flock to their GP to get the vaccine. That's all freely viewable in the powerpoint presentation by Glen Novak of the CDC, just Google it. It is truly shocking the size and extent of the campaign they waged to peddle this snake oil to generate $millions of profit.

In the light of such actions, you simply can not take anything for granted healthwise.

This doesn't mean that all vaccines are bad or that all health services are bad. It DOES mean you need to be highly skeptical at every stage and take full responsibility for your own health and that of your loved ones. You DO unfortunately have to do your own research which is time consuming, fraught with obstacles and disinformation and overall hard work. It shouldn't be necessary, we should be able to trust the health systems, but sadly we can't and that's all there is to it.

A key problem here is that Big Pharma run the show from the top down. They indoctrinate every health worker down the food chain right down to your local GP. There is a party line and they have to tow it or risk losing their jobs and careers.

If we were talking about foods and diets then any impartial and sane nutritionist would have a keen interest in getting you to understand what ingredients are in the things you buy and getting you to understand the value or danger of each ingredient. If a dietician simply said "no don't you worry about thinking for yourself, just go out and buy products X, Y and Z" then you'd surely be highly skeptical.

Yet when it comes to health your GP is simply going to tow the party line and pressure you, sometimes extremely forecably, to take the flu vaccine. At no stage do they sit down with you and say

"now, you really should understand what ingredients are in any vaccine or medication you take so lets sit down and go through them together"

They absolutely won't do that. In fact you'd be hard pressed to get them to give you an empty packet that the vaccines came in so you can actually read the ingredients and the very telling small print.

You can not trust your GP. The flu vaccine is a MAJOR part of their clinic's regular income. They will push it onto you any way they can. Some GPs even went so far as threatening to remove their patients from their clinics if they refused to have the vaccine. Really quite a shocking state of affairs.

Every cure, every drug, every vaccine, every treatment HAS to be researched by YOU and you need to have the courage and fortitude at times to simply stand fast and say NO, this isn't good for me or my family and I won't accept it. The system and State will fight you all the way but it's up to you.

Your health is YOUR responsibility, not theirs, and the health services are now simply big businesses there to generate profit from weak minded individuals using campaigns of fear.
Tread carefully, lest they put you on a conveyorbelt of endless medications and potions, pills and treatments.

Take up those treatments that you have researched and found to be useful and effective and unharmful. At the same time, seek to understand what Nature provides and go there in the first instance if you can.

Reaching for synthetic pills and potions should be way down the pecking list imo.

Useful products to have and use are:

Lemons
Garlic
Ginger
Turmeric
Liquorice Root
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Cayenne Pepper/Capsicum
and a lot more

I can honestly say I don't take any medications, not even paracetamols any more. I don't use flouride toothpaste. I don't use any underarm anti perspirant that contains Aluminium or Alum or related compounds (Breast cancer anyone?!)

This whole thing is a long learning process. The route to health is to take it step by step, cutting one thing at a time out of your life that you have learned is actually very harmful. That gives your body the time and energy it needs to heal itself, which it is very capable of doing.

The foods you eat are important, vitally so. Kicking sugar into touch is vitally important. It's a class A drug, slowly killing people.

So much to learn, it seems like a mountain that you can never ascend. Nevertheless, try as damn hard as you can and you will find that you gain traction and momentum pretty quickly. Lots of things click into place.

Good luck
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-04-2017, 11:49 PM

This doesn't mean that all vaccines are bad or that all health services are bad.
Of course they are not. The reason people are healthier than they have ever been in history and living longer than ever is because we have access to sophisticated healthcare. Because of extensive vaccination we have almost or completely eradicated smallpox, we don't see cases of polio or many other nasty diseases. I don't know of anyone having measles or mumps these days. These used to be common illnesses. They even have a shingles vaccine now to stop the elderly contracting the painful condition. It's not the pharma companies pushing for vaccination, it's the authorities of countries & research scientists provide the data. You can argue scientific studies are biased, but there is plenty of evidence that vaccines work.

If we were talking about foods and diets then any impartial and sane nutritionist would have a keen interest in getting you to understand what ingredients are in the things you buy and getting you to understand the value or danger of each ingredient. If a dietician simply said "no don't you worry about thinking for yourself, just go out and buy products X, Y and Z" then you'd surely be highly skeptical.
It's not the same thing. I don't want to know what's in my central heating boiler, but I expect the plumber to fix it and the evidence will be that it's working ok. Same with a vaccine if I don't get ill I'm happy. If I go abroad to countries where I can catch hepatitis or yellow fever or whatever nasty disease, I'd rather be vaccinated. I don't need to know what's in the vaccine just as I don't need to understand what ibuprofen is when I have a migraine. They give you a leaflet with all the risks and contraindications. I take a risk.

"now, you really should understand what ingredients are in any vaccine or medication you take so lets sit down and go through them together"
I've had my vaccines at Boots and they always go through the ingredients, ask me if I've ever had an adverse effect, check for any medical conditions/medication/allergies and make sure that I stay in the store for a while after in case I feel woozy.

You can not trust your GP. The flu vaccine is a MAJOR part of their clinic's regular income.
How much?

Your health is YOUR responsibility, not theirs
Agreed, it's up to the individual to look after their health and that includes getting vaccinated so you don't inadvertently infect others with preventable diseases.

Useful products to have and use are:
Lemons
Garlic
Ginger
Turmeric
Liquorice Root
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Cayenne Pepper/Capsicum
and a lot more
I am very pro natural cures because in many cases the body cures itself if you give it enough support. So I am for garlic, ginger, lemon, turmeric - so so. But it's actually the natural supplement industry that's not regulated enough and is a huge income generator which people don't need. Our bodies work very well most of the time with a simple balanced diet (excluding junk food, sugar overload and booze), sleep and exercise. We don't need tonnes of supplements unless we become deficient.

IMO there is not enough emphasis in UK healthcare on achieving natural balance, which includes diet, routine, leading a simple, uncluttered but active life with plenty of "me" time, creativity and good relationships. A wholist approach would be helpful, not the "car going into the garage repair shop" philosophy we have now.

I can honestly say I don't take any medications, not even paracetamols any more. I don't use flouride toothpaste. I don't use any underarm anti perspirant that contains Aluminium or Alum or related compounds (Breast cancer anyone?!)
I don't believe in taking copious and I'd categorically refuse to take statins if that was ever recommended. I agree with you on anti-perspirant but I still use it. Bit anti social not to!

This whole thing is a long learning process. The route to health is to take it step by step, cutting one thing at a time out of your life that you have learned is actually very harmful. That gives your body the time and energy it needs to heal itself, which it is very capable of doing.
I've been doing that for the last ten years because I developed an allergy. I have found the perfect balance now and most of it is down to not eating processed junk and very little alcohol (alas).

The foods you eat are important, vitally so. Kicking sugar into touch is vitally important. It's a class A drug, slowly killing people.
wholeheartedly agree. Sugar is in everything and it's so easy to get hooked on the high, particularly in chocolate. I'm going through a sugar reduction regime because I've overdone it the last few months. I don't know if it kills you unless you develop diabetes, but it's bad for your mood and messes up the body's balance and your gut.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top