Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 08:31 AM

EU threatens to fine UK

Hi

A simple thing, import fraud and evasion of WTO Tariffs.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/bu...-35512630.html

When we leave we will be reliant upon these WTO Tariffs as a source of income, WTO Tariffs on the £290 Billion of EU Imports will be worth £ Billions to the UK.

When we leave, the number of those transactions goes up from 17 million a year to around 300 million a year.

We leave in less than 2 years, to date the Government has done naff all about getting ready to collect them.

I have been roundly criticised for being a doom monger.

When we leave these monies we are not collecting will be a loss to the UK, which will need to made up by the taxpayer, me and you in other words.

There needs to be a sense of reality here, it is not in my view doom mongering, it is commonsense to expect our Government to do the job properly and look after us.

The EU has everything in place to collect all the tariffs due from the UK, they will not be losing a penny.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 10:11 AM

Re: EU threatens to fine UK

We certainly need a government that actually works for us that I definetly agree with. I am voting this time to get us out of eu that for me is priority, after that we need to look for a government that will put these things in place if cons have any sense at all they will already be planning but Cameron didn't so I am less sure they are really the best ones to have in charge after leaving.

I'd like a coilition of best heads from all parties because I am thinking party politics may be over, we can't just carry on as we have lurching left and right.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 10:54 AM

Let's not get our knickers in a twist Swimmy, I suspect Mrs May and her associates have got things all under control despite what the Belfast Telegraph is telling us.
The fact is, you, me, and all the journalists don't really know diddly squat, about what's going on between the government and the EU [even though we'd like to think we do]

They take what little bit of information they overhear and tailor it to suit themselves and basically stir up trouble, it sells newspapers. Whatever is going to happen, will happen, I'm not saying don't take an interest and report what you find, but don't upset the members with all this propergander Swimmy when there's bugger all we can do about it....And most of us won't even be here when the brown stuff hits the fan.....
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 01:17 PM

There isn't going to be a problem, it's all going to be "Lubbly Jubbly".
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 01:26 PM

Past caring what happens.

Naff all I can do about it (as far as I can tell) so I shall be hurded along with the rest of the sheep.

If any bright spark has a 'good idea' let me know.

BAAAAAAA
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Past caring what happens.

Naff all I can do about it (as far as I can tell) so I shall be hurded along with the rest of the sheep.

If any bright spark has a 'good idea' let me know.

BAAAAAAA

That's pretty much how I feel too.
I try not to spend my life worrying about things I cannot change.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's pretty much how I feel too.
I try not to spend my life worrying about things I cannot change.
Yep ... a healthy attitude is what counts

I do wonder what this constant, current NEWS is covering up

Meanwhile, back to more important matters ... GRABBYWORD
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 02:19 PM

The world is rapidly going to hell in a handcart. Morons running the show - morons following the show and morons shouting the loudest. Effing morons everywhere you look.

morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons

Have I mentioned 'morons'? Oh, I have but not enough it seems so here are a few more ...

morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons morons

Are you one?
(general question not aimed at anyone specifically )
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 02:22 PM

Morons shouting loudest and you are the one yelling
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Morons shouting loudest and you are the one yelling
I'm merely pointing it out. I am a mouthpiece for those who deem such outbursts as beneath them - the silent minority.

Simon Bishop quote from 'As Good As It Gets' when speaking to Jack Nicholson (Melvin Udall) who is agitated about his girl friend:

Originally Posted by Simon Bishop
I mean, the best thing you have going for you is your willingness to humiliate yourself.
I have the same quality .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top