Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 07:27 PM

Re: EU threatens to fine UK

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A simple thing, import fraud and evasion of WTO Tariffs.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/bu...-35512630.html

When we leave we will be reliant upon these WTO Tariffs as a source of income, WTO Tariffs on the £290 Billion of EU Imports will be worth £ Billions to the UK.

When we leave, the number of those transactions goes up from 17 million a year to around 300 million a year.

We leave in less than 2 years, to date the Government has done naff all about getting ready to collect them.

I have been roundly criticised for being a doom monger.

When we leave these monies we are not collecting will be a loss to the UK, which will need to made up by the taxpayer, me and you in other words.

There needs to be a sense of reality here, it is not in my view doom mongering, it is commonsense to expect our Government to do the job properly and look after us.

The EU has everything in place to collect all the tariffs due from the UK, they will not be losing a penny.
Swims this isn't actually a criticism of you personally, well it might be I suppose!

But every time I see a thread opener like this I always think to myself, and sometimes post on here...Does this person ever actually DO anything constructive other than bleat on here about it?

Like copy and paste all that effort above and send it to your MP??

Or even send it to the PM!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Swims this isn't actually a criticism of you personally, well it might be I suppose!

But every time I see a thread opener like this I always think to myself, and sometimes post on here...Does this person ever actually DO anything constructive other than bleat on here about it?

Like copy and paste all that effort above and send it to your MP??

Or even send it to the PM!
Hi

Well the thing is this Ruthio.

The Prime Minister already knows about it and my MP could not give a damn.

It has reported by the Treasury Select Committee, so the PM most certainly knows.

All major Government IT Systems are given a rating, Green Amber, Red, self explanatory.

HMRC gave the system a Green in November, this month the same system has been changed to Amber/Red.

The new system was originally intended to cope with up to 100 million Trade Tariffs a year, not the 300 million we are now going to be dealing with.

The other issue is that for the new system to work, it has to link with other government database systems.

One in particular it needs to link with it has now been found to be incapable of being linked with.

What else can you do about it except whinge?

Well Naff all really, but it does help the blood pressure.

I will now make a prediction, we will not be leaving in two years time, the realisation has now hit home, we will need a transitional deal to give the UK the time to put into place all these things which Boris, Gove and Co assured us would be no problem.

The problem is compounded by this.

Funding for HMRC is being cut instead of being increased to cope with the new things it has to do.

The Revenue annual budget is being cut from £3.6bn in 2016-17 to £2.9bn in 2019-20.

We will not be in a position to control immigration in 2 years time either, the cuts to the Border Force and Immigration have not been reversed, never mind more money being poured in to deliver on time.

The alternative is even worse.

Corbyn would make an ever bigger mess of it and Fallon wants to overturn Brexit and increase Immigration.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 09:02 PM

Thankyou for having the patience to reply.
I'm glad you weren't​ offended.

Peter Kay calls now, good for your blood pressure!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Let's not get our knickers in a twist Swimmy, I suspect Mrs May and her associates have got things all under control despite what the Belfast Telegraph is telling us.
The fact is, you, me, and all the journalists don't really know diddly squat, about what's going on between the government and the EU [even though we'd like to think we do]
I admire your optimism but I agree that it's likely to be that the government are doing diddly squat because such things take forever to organise and coordinate. With their hands full of the election even less will be done now.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top