Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 06:28 PM

Re: Making a complaint.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

All professional bodies have a tendency to close ranks and protect their own, a simple fact of life.

If you are dealing with the NHS, then my advice is simple.

Do not complain to PALS.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service

Better known as the Patient Avoidance of Litigation Service.

Go straight for the jugular, a formal complaint and do not back down.

I was horrendously treated by my Local NHS, I made a complaint.

I was put through to PALS.

Quite simply they did everything to avoid any action being taken, including, falsifying the facts.

Not a good idea with an Enforcement Officer, I had taken photos.

I have recently had to reason to make another complaint.

I made it a Formal Complaint.

Again, I was contacted by PALS.

I explained that I had I put in a Formal Complaint, this had not been responded to within the timescale so I was now going to put in a second Formal Complaint because my original one had not been responded to within the published time scale.

I was told in no uncertain terms that nothing would happen until I had been through PALS, as this was NHS Trust Policy.

I responded that this wrong, completely against Guidelines and that I was recording the call.

The response was cynical and brutal, it is not allowed in evidence to record a call without prior notification.

The arrogant idiot was then somewhat surprised when I informed him that when I made the original contact I had stated that that call and all subsequent calls would be recorded, which they had been and that this call was not only recorded but would be admissible.

My Local NHS trust is a nightmare, they have sacked a whistleblower, , they have ignored complaints about a number of deaths of Mothers and Children in Maternity and our now under investigation by Jeremy Hunt.

That investigation has already shown that they knew about the problems years earlier, had ignored the problems, had not carried out any of the original recommendations had had lied about receiving them.

I wish you luck, you will have to be persistent.
Disgusting.

Had that been me, I would certainly have been persistent.

I have complained once or twice over the years to my GP surgery Practice Manager.

The medical and paramedical are excellent, and I assured them of that.

The problems I encountered were failures to process repeat medication requests.

The Practice Manager, on each occasion, apologised and corrected the matter to my satisfaction but, yes, I had to be persistent.

Nothing like as bad as your problems and that of the OP, of course.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 06:38 PM

Hi

I do not want any compensation for what happened to me, I just want to make sure it does not happen again to some other poor git.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do not want any compensation for what happened to me, I just want to make sure it does not happen again to some other poor git.
I agree.

It is not about financial compensation; it is about ensuring only competent practitioners are employed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 06:48 PM

Another little moan here if I may Carol, JBR and Swim's posts reminded me.

Today I had to go to the hospital and have both feet x-rayed. The consultant said he wanted to compare today's x-rays with ones he had taken some while back.
Off I goes to the x-ray room and they took 5 plates.
Back to the consultant's room.
I asked him how today's compared to the previous ones.
He didn't know.
The reason being, they have changed the hospital computer systems, and now he cannot access the old x-rays!
Flippin' brilliant aint it.
Now he can't see whether the condition has changed or not.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2017, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
This was a private clinic. I paid £30 for 30 minutes.

The NHS wouldn't provide the treatment I wanted - acupuncture and cold laser therapy.

I had 4 sessions and it did me no good anyway - maybe the NHS were right.

Carol, that's not the same as 'Shockwave Therapy' is it?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2017, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Carol, that's not the same as 'Shockwave Therapy' is it?

I don't think so.

Cold laser therapy is a very low frequency laser aimed at the sore part.

It's said to help tissue regenerate & heal.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 01:03 AM

Good luck, Carol. I do think personally you are justified in complaining.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 07:31 AM

Making a complaint is a very long winded affair.

On Monday a woman from the Chiropractic council rang me up at a pre arranged time and I spend 50 minutes making an official complaint which I was told would carry more weight with the judging council.

She told me they'd be taking a statement from the therapist too in order to hear her side of the story.
I can't help thinking she will wriggle out of it somehow..

I've got to wait for the hearing now - could take months.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 08:14 AM

Carol
There is no way would I have left you with needles sticking out of your bare backside. That was very cheeky leaving you like that
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 11:38 AM

Hope it goes well for you Carol. You really did receive shoddy treatment that day.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top