Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 12:36 PM

yanis Varoufakis advises Teresa May to avoid negotiating "at all costs"

Two pages, today, in the DT.

During the Greece Financial Crisis, Varoufakis, described as a prominent Academic, was the Finance Manager of Greece.

To cut a long story short, he describes the dirty tricks and tactics, employed by the EU, to get a stranglehold on the Greek Financial situation.

What really comes across is that the EU is now starting to use exactly the same tactics against the UK:-

Examples:-

1) Forcing negotiations to be done in series.

2) Preventing any other members from supporting our position by private threats and pressures.

3) Interfering with our politics (EU now being positive about Northern Ireland being part of EU after any integration - also the Gibraltar Issue) - Interfered with financial offers from China to Greece!

4) Blocking the attendance of EU meetings (even though we are still paying and have not yet completed our Brexit) .

5) High Flying EU staff flying in to give "face to face" unpublished advice.

And much more.

Well worth a read. Up to reading that I thought Greece was a basket case. Then you read how that status was "carefully arranged".
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 12:59 PM

Re: yanis Varoufakis advises Teresa May to avoid negotiating "at all costs"

We hardly start from the same position.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
We hardly start from the same position.
We will get there, though.
matchpoint
London
matchpoint is male 

03-05-2017, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Two pages, today, in the DT.

During the Greece Financial Crisis, Varoufakis, described as a prominent Academic, was the Finance Manager of Greece.

To cut a long story short, he describes the dirty tricks and tactics, employed by the EU, to get a stranglehold on the Greek Financial situation.

What really comes across is that the EU is now starting to use exactly the same tactics against the UK:-

Examples:-

1) Forcing negotiations to be done in series.

2) Preventing any other members from supporting our position by private threats and pressures.

3) Interfering with our politics (EU now being positive about Northern Ireland being part of EU after any integration - also the Gibraltar Issue) - Interfered with financial offers from China to Greece!

4) Blocking the attendance of EU meetings (even though we are still paying and have not yet completed our Brexit) .

5) High Flying EU staff flying in to give "face to face" unpublished advice.

And much more.

Well worth a read. Up to reading that I thought Greece was a basket case. Then you read how that status was "carefully arranged".
Hope May takes heed of this - she will quickly be made to feel she is talking to thin air by the EU negotiators. ouch... I do feel for her... or anyone who takes on this mamoth task.
Some of these EU politicians are not to be even looked at let alone asking them for something.
Imagine that the mighty UK having to ask the EU for a deal... is that whats its come to... ?? Worse than asking your boss for a rise after trading drunken insults with him "down't pub".
matchpoint
London
matchpoint is male 

03-05-2017, 06:27 PM

But wait --- I see light !!! they have a defector...
G.... GR.... GREECE wants us to succeed lets join with them and pay the EU ZERO - take over the German owned holiday resorts in GREECE and refuse to pay any money to EU. Greece Happy we get holidays cheap, great fruit and Veg on our english tables. happy days !
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2017, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by matchpoint ->
Hope May takes heed of this - she will quickly be made to feel she is talking to thin air by the EU negotiators. ouch... I do feel for her... or anyone who takes on this mamoth task.
Some of these EU politicians are not to be even looked at let alone asking them for something.
Imagine that the mighty UK having to ask the EU for a deal... is that whats its come to... ?? Worse than asking your boss for a rise after trading drunken insults with him "down't pub".
Better than having them dictate to us as members though! We voted to leave because we didn't want to remain part of the EU, and we won a democratic majority vote... but understood it could be a difficult time.
Nothing is going to change that decision, so the best action is to stop moaning about it and adopt a positive approach. Nobody knows what will happen but if we want to display a strong approach we will work hard to try and establish what we voted for!
matchpoint
London
matchpoint is male 

03-05-2017, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

Better than having them dictate to us as members though! We voted to leave because we didn't want to remain part of the EU, and we won a democratic majority vote... but understood it could be a difficult time.
Nothing is going to change that decision, so the best action is to stop moaning about it and adopt a positive approach. Nobody knows what will happen but if we want to display a strong approach we will work hard to try and establish what we voted for!
That's part of the whole Brexit LIE, EU never did actually dictate to us. If we didn't want to meet any of their rules - we didn't have to, but we put up with their banana shapes and Eu piddly changes for the sake of AGREEMENT. well, its hardly something to start a war over eah.

The LIE was stopping freedom of movement - our Government "Mr Cameron" sold us this LIE -
He was more worried about stopping freedom of movement of INFORMATION between swiss banks and all Schengen country goverments, declaring how much money stashed away they had AND hadn't declared on their previous tax forms. We the people have been well and truly ....XXXX
have fun Mr Cameron dancing all the way to the bank.
https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...er-tax-bahamas
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by matchpoint ->
That's part of the whole Brexit LIE, EU never did actually dictate to us. If we didn't want to meet any of their rules - we didn't have to, but we put up with their banana shapes and Eu piddly changes for the sake of AGREEMENT. well, its hardly something to start a war over eah.

The LIE was stopping freedom of movement - our Government "Mr Cameron" sold us this LIE -
He was more worried about stopping freedom of movement of INFORMATION between swiss banks and all Schengen country goverments, declaring how much money stashed away they had AND hadn't declared on their previous tax forms. We the people have been well and truly ....XXXX
have fun Mr Cameron dancing all the way to the bank.
https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...er-tax-bahamas
I doubt that many people liked Cameron so perhaps his smug attitude, that we would vote to remain, made people realize what a liar he was and vote against his beliefs..... they certainly brought about his downfall.
Only the naive believe that the EU doesn't intend to control all of it's members, because they have done it slowly and conned people. Once they have become the States of Europe, do you really think that they will listen to the ideas of 27 countries of the union? Of course they won't!
Look at the USA, where they are all one country but have different laws and punishments in each state I do not want myself, or my family, to live in a place like that. They say they believe in equality, but you are only as equal as your state allows you to be, and they believe that one president can run a country like that. Not the sort of country I would like to live in
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 06:44 AM

Hi

I agree Twink, that is precisely the reason I voted to leave.

I would liken the EU more to the former USSR than the USA though.

The real power is concentrated in the central bureaucracy, at least the USA has elections which are meaningful.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

04-05-2017, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I agree Twink, that is precisely the reason I voted to leave.

I would liken the EU more to the former USSR than the USA though.

The real power is concentrated in the central bureaucracy, at least the USA has elections which are meaningful.
I see the USSR and the USA as being opposite ends of the same spectrum.... they both want control of LARGE countries, but go about it in different ways, neither of which work!
Patriotism stems from belonging to a fair country where all are equal.... not in finance, but in law! There is a competitive spirit, in smaller countries, where everybody works hard to be the best. In the USSR the rewards are not good enough. In the USA people feel they can demonstrate against anything they dislike, including their democratically elected president . Neither is a country that I could live in so when I saw the EU heading in the same direction...and I didn't want to wait to find out which method they would use to control the people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top