Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 10:49 AM

EU bullying tactics

So, in 5 minutes flat the EU has agreed their strategy of Brexit negotiations which, in all but name comes down to bullying Britain to accept any terms they dictate, including even what is negotiated and when. All an obvious part of their strategy to frighten all the other EU members into not trying the same thing.

But how little do they know of the British psyche, for the more we are threatened and bullied the more bloody minded we will become in return. We do not have to play their game nor do we have to play by their rules, and thank goodness we have Mrs May and David Davis out front batting for us, for I have a feeling that any other of the party leaders would roll over to the EU at the first opportunity.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 11:20 AM

Re: EU bullying tactics

What's really annoying me and yes the eu are too but the people like James obrian on at the moment doing the eus job for them by doubting tm can do the job and agreeing with Eu. We have people within wanting this to fail. Eu I worry less about because I think tm is tougher than she looks. But people within insidiously creeping about wanting us to fail really I despair about.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 11:48 AM

All to be predicted Barry
I guess a lot of EU bureaucrats have a vision of the gravy train with the GB carriage in front driving off into the distance never to be seen again they can do nothing to stop it but they can try to make the departure long and difficult.

I think we can prepare ourselves for a lot of nonsense coming from the EU parliament , the best thing Mrs May can do is to keep her dignity and ignore it.

We can only hope some dithering male doesn't win the general election and allow the EU to walk all over us.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 11:51 AM

Perspective...

when 'we' stand our ground we are being firm if others stand their ground they are bullies..

To be honest we the people have nothing to bring to the discussions so there isnt much point talking about it. As always the men in grey suits will work out whats best for them and while we will undoubtedly suffer the fallout they will retire to nicely feathered nests...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Perspective...

when 'we' stand our ground we are being firm if others stand their ground they are bullies..

To be honest we the people have nothing to bring to the discussions so there isnt much point talking about it. As always the men in grey suits will work out whats best for them and while we will undoubtedly suffer the fallout they will retire to nicely feathered nests...
By any description I would consider twenty seven countries threatening one other to be bullying Cass, and at the moment the rhetoric is a one way street from the EU. I'm not sure whether that's to do with standing your ground or trying to beat us with a stick.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 12:56 PM

Barry I am not sure what made you start this thread, but I am assuming it was Junkers visit yesterday.
I heard that the reports, of the meeting not going well, came from a German newspaper so, unless Junker phoned and gave the newspaper details of what was discussed, I have to believe that this was just another biased paper trying to make news out of nothing!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

02-05-2017, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Barry I am not sure what made you start this thread, but I am assuming it was Junkers visit yesterday.
I heard that the reports, of the meeting not going well, came from a German newspaper so, unless Junker phoned and gave the newspaper details of what was discussed, I have to believe that this was just another biased paper trying to make news out of nothing!
No Twink I'm talking about the meeting of the twenty seven over the weekend and the subsequently revealed list of "their" negotiating demands including the what, where, when and how....if it were me I wouldn't bother turning up or even replying until they tempered their stance to a more personable level.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 01:13 PM

No deals better than a bad deal I think I'd be reminding them of that
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
By any description I would consider twenty seven countries threatening one other to be bullying Cass, and at the moment the rhetoric is a one way street from the EU. I'm not sure whether that's to do with standing your ground or trying to beat us with a stick.
This whole thing is like pandoras box did nobody read the label on the tin before opening it?

Article 50. What made the UK think they had anything to say about what happened next?

read point 4..
http://openeurope.org.uk/today/blog/...ng-article-50/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

02-05-2017, 01:44 PM

Possibly because despite what many think we are at heart a decent country, we alway expect others to do the decent thing too. Leads to constant dissapointment though when dealing with the eu.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top