Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 05:03 PM

Re: Can a person be born evil ?

Can a person be born evil ?

No, but they can be made evil.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 05:30 PM

I agree cinders, I think we are all born sweet and innocent but environment and influences help form our personality.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 05:46 PM

Babies have cellular memory and if a baby is frightened or smacked / hurt even when new born , it seems the cellular memory can come out as they grow . I think genetics play a part and depending on childhood and family life . Mental health must play a part also .

I do know of someone who is completely unemotional a strange cold man , yet he thinks he is an ok person and completely normal .
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Babies have cellular memory and if a baby is frightened or smacked / hurt even when new born , it seems the cellular memory can come out as they grow . I think genetics play a part and depending on childhood and family life . Mental health must play a part also .

I do know of someone who is completely unemotional a strange cold man , yet he thinks he is an ok person and completely normal .
But couldn't this be that he's on the autism spectrum?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 06:16 PM

Hi

There were identical twin boys in Shrewsbury.

One was quite normal, the other turned into a nasty criminal.

Quite strange.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 06:16 PM

What we forget, is that if two of us had been brought up with identical upbringings, we would still have different personalities.
If those 2 had both received the same smacks as children, with the same words of telling off... both would put a different interpretation in their punishment.
Some would think I deserved that.
Some would think I hate the person who smacked me.
Some would feel persecuted and that could lead to many different actions.
You are born with a brain that isn't identical to any other ( except maybe in identical twins) so each of us is capable of being born evil...... it is just the events of life that decide how evil we become!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 06:20 PM

The writings of de Sade are cited in the Brady details...of course this is where the word sadism is derived from. I've never read his stuff, it doesn't interest me, but is it very violent and cruel?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

Isn't this theory speculative?
Many medical people dont believe in this theory or, so I thought.

Happy to be proven wrong.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
A psychopath meeting a psychopath?
Interesting concept, which will hopefully be explained by one of the people on here who studied psychology.
In a book about murderers I read a while back, the name of which escapes me, the author stated that there could be two random people who live normal day to day lives and should they happen to meet by some chance they both turn evil, one feeding off the other. Bonny and Clyde, Brady and Hindley and Fred & Rose West are cited as examples.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Can a person be born evil ?

No, but they can be made evil.
I suppose that like some born with Autism or Asperger's syndrome due to some `glitch` in their foetal development it's quite possible to be born with some other condition that makes them detached from `normal` social interactions. Could psychopaths be thought of as evil because they lack empathy and have a detachment from society?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top