Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 08:12 PM

Re: Can a person be born evil ?

Originally Posted by Judd ->
In a book about murderers I read a while back, the name of which escapes me, the author stated that there could be two random people who live normal day to day lives and should they happen to meet by some chance they both turn evil, one feeding off the other. Bonny and Clyde, Brady and Hindley and Fred & Rose West are cited as examples.
Robson & Jerome.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I dont think they are born evil (apart from Damian) but I do think they are born with the propensity to be, more so than others.

its just a case of influence after that.....ans parenting.

I'm sure the killers of Jamie Bulger would not have killed had they had different parents/upbringing.

edit; sorry Julie. ..edited as you replied.
Correct I would say , as part of my ongoing 'training'as a 'volunteer' I attended lectures with a criminal psychologist and learnt a number of things ....
It can't be stressed enough how important it is for children to have one person in their lives from early childhood
to show them love and empathy. This doesn't have to be a parent it can be anyone. Miss out this essential stage in the development of a child and in many instances you are laying the foundations for a troubled life.
Empathy like many things is a 'learned behaviour,' if a child doesn't experience empathy how does it learn to demonstrate it to other.

This is not about 'being soft' and making excuses for horrible people it is about scientific research into behaviour.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I've always been of the opinion we create children after they are born and there is no such thing as a child that is born evil but I'm beginning to wonder now.

I've just read a case of a boy of 4 that has done some heinous things to his baby sister. I can't quite believe his family, who are as appalled as everyone else have created this little monster, he's totally without emotion and unable to empathise at all.
It is the old question of 'nature or nurture' are some people born with a chemical imbalance which predisposes them to developing a personality disorder . I am sure we will know one day.
It has been shown that not all children in a family are treated the same, some for whatever reason don't 'bond' with their parents.
This could account for why some children in a family grow up with 'problems' while their siblings don't.

It has also been shown that childhood injuries to the brain (from something as simple as a fall) can result in deviant behaviour later in life.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Correct I would say , as part of my ongoing 'training'as a 'volunteer' I attended lectures with a criminal psychologist and learnt a number of things ....
It can't be stressed enough how important it is for children to have one person in their lives from early childhood
to show them love and empathy. This doesn't have to be a parent it can be anyone. Miss out this essential stage in the development of a child and in many instances you are laying the foundations for a troubled life.
Empathy like many things is a 'learned behaviour,' if a child doesn't experience empathy how does it learn to demonstrate it to other.

This is not about 'being soft' and making excuses for horrible people it is about scientific research into behaviour.
See, I can do sensible when I try

and I agree with you too.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2017, 09:45 PM

Hyperthetical ...
Consider that in some parts of the world, there are 'tribes' of people who have been inbreeding for centuries and that certain genes have been passed down/become more intense (as in animal breeding) is it not possible that the 'evil' gene has produced a new breed?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 12:15 AM

That's interesting because those with Aspergers syndrome don't understand empathy so well because they find it very difficult to put themselves in another person's place. But they are at the same time some of the kindest people I've met.

Bits of the child's brain develop or shrink depending on experience but how much is predetermined by genes is difficult to say. We are strongly influenced by others and by our environment.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

17-05-2017, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's interesting because those with Aspergers syndrome don't understand empathy so well because they find it very difficult to put themselves in another person's place. But they are at the same time some of the kindest people I've met.

Bits of the child's brain develop or shrink depending on experience but how much is predetermined by genes is difficult to say. We are strongly influenced by others and by our environment.
I cant agree.
kindness is definitely taught so whether you're an Aspergers sufferer or not is irrelevant.

If you have parents that pull the legs off frogs chances are you'll do the same.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 03:35 AM

What about people like Jeremy Bamber ( he apparently murdered his adopted father mother sister and her two children) his parents were by all accounts kind people ?
Perhaps on reflection not a great example as this is a controversial case .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 04:31 AM

It is the old question of 'nature or nurture' are some people born with a chemical imbalance which predisposes them to developing a personality disorder . I am sure we will know one day.
It has been shown that not all children in a family are treated the same, some for whatever reason don't 'bond' with their parents.
This could account for why some children in a family grow up with 'problems' while their siblings don't.

It has also been shown that childhood injuries to the brain (from something as simple as a fall) can result in deviant behaviour later in life.
How sad it's is for a child that feels itself different to its siblings .i think some children are born with Psychopathic tendencies as other wise all children who have been ill treated when young would grow up to be evil .However it's can't be denied that children who have abusive upbringings start live with a huge disadvantage .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 05:54 AM

Hi

I believe that some are just born different, that their brain is wired differently to others.

Throughout history there have been some exceptional people, so far ahead of their time, the genius type.

Those who invent science which cannot have been taught to them.

Darwin, Einstein, Hawkings.

It is also possible that there are those who are born evil, two sides of the same coin.

The human brain is a remarkable thing, very complex and from our current state of knowledge, vastly under developed.

It should be no surprise that sometimes the wiring can be different.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top