Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 11:49 AM

Re: Theresa May - the children's meal snatcher!!!

My son can afford to pay for his children's meals .
He always wanted six children but he settled for the two he can afford.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 11:51 AM

We pay too none of mine even when we were hard up had free meals. They had enough problems they didn't need bullying over that I thought.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Not content with that evil witch Thatcher (phth, phth, phth) snatching the milk from school children forty odd years ago, now the scumbag 'nasty party' want to deprive school children of free school meals!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7742131.html
It is the parent's responsibility to provide their children with meals, NOT that of the Government!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It is the parent's responsibility to provide their children with meals, NOT that of the Government!

If the scumbag 'nasty party' raised the 'national wage' to what it should be (a minimum of £10.00ph) then I would concur, but there will still be parents who are unemployed, sick or disabled who do not have an income and therefore need the 'frre school meals' to feed their children since they are, on the meagre benefit they receive, unable to do so themselves. Would you, just to satisfy your greed and political conviction, deprive these children of what might be the only hot meal they are likely to receive???
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
If the scumbag 'nasty party' raised the 'national wage' to what it should be (a minimum of £10.00ph) then I would concur, but there will still be parents who are unemployed, sick or disabled who do not have an income and therefore need the 'frre school meals' to feed their children since they are, on the meagre benefit they receive, unable to do so themselves. Would you, just to satisfy your greed and political conviction, deprive these children of what might be the only hot meal they are likely to receive???
Hi

Those in need will still get free meals.

I find your support for the children of those on £100k a year, to get free meals, totally bizarre.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 01:12 PM

I agree swim but having money doesn't make a person a good parent. I'd say not just means test but ensure anyone not having a meal should be looked at as a possible need for a free meal.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 01:14 PM

Free breakfasts are a much better idea!
There are lots of reasons why kids go without breakfast even in wealthy homes.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 01:17 PM

Most young children (I had two many years ago) just want cereals and toast. Surely any family could manage a box of cereals, a slice of bread and a drop of milk?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 01:22 PM

They could but there's always those who are frantically trying to juggle kids, perhaps at different schools, getting to work on time etc. etc...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

18-05-2017, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
They could but there's always those who are frantically trying to juggle kids, perhaps at different schools, getting to work on time etc. etc...
I agree with you there, I consider myself lucky only having one school to get to some of the mums are frantic to get to two or three. We run a volunteer group to wait at gates after school if anyone is late, they can't help it with all the schools going in and out at same time.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top